ELEVEN

❝Kiss it better, will you?❞

“You sure you wanna do this?” Ifrah asked her husband in a whisper

Aayan, who was staring at the scene in front of him quite interestingly, rolled his eyes before turning his head in her direction.

“For the hundredth time, woman; my answer is yes!” his voice raised at the end, making her hiss, and she narrowed her gaze.

“I was only asking!”

“You've been doing this shït for the past fifteen minutes!”

“Oh don't exaggerate!”

“I'm not exaggerating! I'm the one who's been listening to your annoying question, okay?!”

A gasp escaped her lips at his words this time. “Annoying? I'm only asking because I don't want you to jump from here, bang your head on a rock and die! If my stupid concern is annoying you then so be it! Mein he pagal hun jisay tum jaisy jahil ki fikar ho rahi hai!” (I'm the stupid one for showing concern for an ignorant man like you!)

She whipped around and stormed away from there, leaving a very befuddled Aayan behind. She had surprised him with her words, because it didn't cross his mind for a single second that she could be concerned about him. As far as he knows; they only showed negative emotions to each other, not the positive ones.

Aayan heaved out a breath while rubbing a hand down his face and cringed when he felt light stubble on his jaw.

Waah, ab shakal bhi jangliyon jaisi ho jaye gi!

(Oh wow, even my face will look like it belongs in the wild, now.)

He stared at his wife who was standing near a tree, facing away from him, and searching for something in her bag. Aayan knew she was just trying to distract herself because she'd been moving her hand quite aimlessly.

Knowing each other since childhood has its own perks.

He sighed and came up to stand behind her and said; “What are you doing?”

Ifrah's body went rigid after hearing his voice but she soon snapped out of it and continued her fake search with a scowl. “None of your business.”

Aayan clicked his tongue.

“Okay... ” he trailed off and scratched the nape of his neck before; “Look, I'm— ”

Ifrah had turned around to give him a glare before he could finish his sentence. “What are you still doing here? Don't feel like jumping from that edge anymore?”

Aayan snapped his mouth shut at her tone and gave her a glare. After they had left their hut to see if they could find a way out, they came across an edge which looked over a large lake with a waterfall at the opposite end. The sight was breathtaking to say the least, and for a moment, both of them forgot that they were stranded on an island and not on a vacation. When Aayan had shook out of his awe at the sight, his adventurous side came out and he decided that he was going to jump into the lake to experience this amazing moment, and Ifrah's brain had screeched to a halt.