ch. 5 ∩^ω^∩

Shuichi's POV:

I start to hear faint snores from behind me. I smile to myself a little. I felt my arms start to grow heavy, but I still held onto him.

I have no idea how we are going to get back into the our dorm...

I use my foot to push open the front door to the dorms and take the elevator, pressing the button with my knee.

The elevator doors open and I see Keebo standing there.

"Oh, hello Shuichi." Keebo says.

"Hey K-Keebo.. I n-need a favor..?" I ask.

"I will be happy to help! What do you need?" He asks, completely ignoring the fact that Kokichi is chillin on my back.

"Can y/you open my d-dorm room door f-for me? The k-key is in m-my pocket.." I ask.

"Of course!" Keebo says with a smile. He grabs the key from my hoodie pocket and opened the door, putting the key back. I hold the door open with my foot.

"Thank you so much Keebo. Y-You're a l-life saver." I say with a sigh.

"No problem! Goodnight Shuichi and Kokichi." He says while walking back to the elevator.

I go inside and set Kokichi down onto his bed. My whole body feels relief. I walk back to the kitchen to saran wrap the cookies and clean the living room up.

After that, I check my watch.

11:23 pm

Wow. I usually never stay up this late. I walk back to the room to see Kokichi wasn't in his bed.

Weird.. He was just passed out a minute ago...

I hear a sniffle from the corner of the room, which was where his wardrobe was. I slowly walk to it and knock on it softly.

"Kokichi what are you doing in there?" I ask. I open it. He couldn't close it because there was no handle or anywhere he could grab to pull it shut.

His head buried in his knees and hands over his ears. His knees were close to his chest, like he was scared.

"Hey.. Are you o-okay?" I ask, touching his shoulder. He flinches and shoots his head up. He was crying. Why on earth was he crying?

Kokichi removes his hands from his ears and smiles at me. "It's a lie!" He grins at me. Not his genuine, million dollar smile, but his cheap, fake smile.

"That w-was a lie.. Wasn't i-it." I point out. He doesn't respond.

"Nightmare is all." I admits. I smile at him a little.

"It's okay. You don't have to lock yourself in the wardrobe. Nothing is gonna hurt you." I reassure him.

"But it is." He says. I look at him, confused.

Is he being genuine with me right now?!

"What do y-you mean?"

"Never mind. Just go to sleep."

"No! I-I want to help you!"

"You can't so just forget this ever happened." Kokichi says. He pulled on the side of the door, but I pull it also, so he couldn't close the door.

"Please.. just trust me."

"But you trust me? I could lie to you, you know." He says. I shake my head.

"I don't care. I just want you to talk to me. Lie or not, if you need to talk about something, I'll listen." I say truthfully.

"...No. I don't need to talk about it." He says. Kokichi stands up out of the wardrobe. "I'm okay. I just.. need sleep." He says, slowly walking to his bed.