Irving Hall

Spot's POV

"So, let's have some ideas." Jack said as we all gathered around the table. "Well, we gotta show people where we stand." "Yeah, so we gotta stay in the papes." "My paper's the only one printing any strike news so far." (Yn) jumps down from the table, her hat flying off as she speaks.

"So, we should do something that's so big the other papers'll feel stupid if they try to ignore us. Like a rally. A newsie rally with all the kids from all over New York. It'll be the biggest, loudest, noisiest blow-out this town's ever seen!" It was silent. I lean over to her. "Ya hat fell off..." her eyes widened. She looked and saw her hat on the floor.

"Jaguar... youse a goil?" Blink asked. She nods. "Youse very pretty." Mush complimented. "Thank youse..." "You're a very smart girl..." Denton trailed. "Her name is (Yn)." I finished for him. He nods as a thank you. "You're a very smart girl (Yn), I knew from the beginning that you were bright."

"We'll send a message to the big boys." "Geesh, I'll give 'em a message." A waiter comes around and we all grab drinks. "There's a lot of us, and we ain't going away. We'll fight until dang Doomsday if it means we get a fair shake." "Hey, guys. To our man Denton." "Our man Denton!" We repeat. We all hang out for a little longer, then (Yn) and I decide to take our leave. As we were walking we passed by Irving Hall. She stopped and stared at it for a while.

"Sometin' wrong sweetheart?" "No... just... Ise used ta gone here a lot as a kid... always dreamed of doin' sometin' hea..." "Youse got a talent I don't know about sweetheart?" She laughed a little shaking her head. "No... just a hobby Ise guess.... though Medda said I was good." She shrugged. "I neva really believed 'er though..."

"Ise sure whateva it was, youse was good at it sweetheart." She shakes her head. "Let's just go home." I cock an eyebrow, but I don't say anything. We start walking back.

~Timeskip~

Your POV

I had to be careful, and quiet. I had to be quick too, my regular outfit took way to long to put on. I glanced at the dresses in the darkness. I guess one of these will hafta do. I go and grab one of the dresses and quietly put it on.

 I go and grab one of the dresses and quietly put it on

I peek through the curtain, to make sure he was asleep. Spot's asleep. I quietly sneak out the door. As long as I'm back before he wakes up, I'll be fine. But I hafta be careful... it's dangerous at night... especially for goils.

After a little while I had been able to make it to my destination without any hiccups. I sneak around to the back door. Please don't be locked, please don't be locked. I quietly turned the handle. My eyes widened, and a smile made its way to my face. It's unlocked. I walk in as quietly as I can. I walk up to a piano. I look around one last time before I sit down.

I take a deep breath and start playing.

(If you haven't already, play the video now)

I forgot hows much I loved doin' dis. I smiled as my fingers continued to glide across the keys, not really knowing what I was playing just sort of making it up as I went.

Spot's POV

I heard the door shut, and I sat up. Where's she goin'? I quietly followed behind her. Luckily no one tried to do anything, it was dark but something about her seemed different, so I couldn't tell. I wasn't a heavy sleeper and I have hard times trying to sleep. She began to slow down. Why did she come ta 'Hatten? 

She went to a building. I looked up at it. Irvin' Hall? What's she doin' hea? I followed her to a back door. What in da... the door opened and she went inside. I followed but stayed behind enough not to get caught. She walked up to a piano and began to play. My eyes widened. She does have a talent I don't knows about.

I leaned against a wall and listened to her play. I suddenly heard a voice quietly behind me. "She's good isn't she?" I turn and see the one and only, Medda Larkin. My eyes widen. "Y-Youse Medda Larkin..." I say quietly, she smiles and nods. "Now how did you get in here young man?"

We kept our conversation quiet not to disturb her. "I was followin' 'er, ta make sure she didn't get hurt." "You Spot Conlon?" I nod. Hows does she know me? "Jack Kelly cane and talked to me about doing a rally here and mentioned you. You're the one who's been keeping an eye on (Yn)?" I nodded again. She nods and we both turn back to listen to (Yn). "Beautiful." I whisper.

"She's amazin'..." "And to think she's never had a lesson. Learned a lot of her skills on her own." "Youse kiddin'." "I'm not. Truly a talented young lady, I would hope to hire her here one day." "I've never seen her in a dress, is that something you got her?" I blink in realization and see she is wearing one of the dresses I bought her. My eyes widen. "Yeah... it is..."

"You have a good taste Spot, it suits her." "I just grabbed a few, she went and found 'em in 'er size..." I closed my eyes and lean my head against the wall and continued to listen to her okay as we lapsed into a silence. After a bit I open my eyes and lift my head from the wall and watch her as she nears what sounds like the end. The last chord rings out as she gracefully lifts her hands.

I start clapping slowly which causes her to jump.