•XVI - You Don't Care•

IT WAS christmas day, and Y/N was inside her room, looking out her window.

She just couldn't go down, knowing that the Malfoys are over.

When she got home a few days ago, she stayed silent, but she knew her mother knew what was happening.

Of course Ophelia knew what was happening, she's been through the same thing. That's why she invited the Malfoys over.

Y/N's mother liked Draco for her, so they needed to fix this. Besides, the young Eve seemed really happy with him.

Sighing, Y/N went over to her bookshelf, and grabbed a random book. She frowned, seeing it was the same book she read by the Black Lake.

The night she saw fireflies. The night she realized that she loves him.

She put the book back with a groan, then face planted on her bed.

Just then, a knock was heard from her door, making her head shoot up to the door. With wide eyes, she asked hesitantly, "who is it?"

"it's your mother, dear."

At that, she stood up, and opened her door, letting Ophelia enter. Y/N sat on her vanity chair, facing her mother, "why did you come up? Don't you have guests?"

Her mother lightly chuckled, "yes, we have guests. Which is why you should come down instead of locking your self in here"

"i don't want to go down.", the young Eve pouted

Ophelia walked over to her daughter's closet, opening it, "well, you should atleast say hello to the Malfoys, dear. Draco's been looking for you since the moment they step foot inside our house.", she said, going through Y/N's dresses

At her words, the young Eve's face slightly lit up, "he has? What did he say?"

"he didn't say anything, but he was looking around, as if looking for someone.", Ophelia said, and pulled out a dress from the closet, "this white dress looks wonderful, don't you think?"

Y/N frowned, "yeah.", she said, looking at her window

Ophelia sighed, and put the dress on the bed. She walked over to her daughter and put a hand on her shoulder, "Y/N, darling.", she said, "why don't you try to fix things with Draco? He's a good kid, much better then Blaise was."

The girl looked at her mother with a frown, "if you only knew, mother. He's a goody two shoes.", Y/N said, and looked down, playing with her nails

"maybe he has a reason.", Ophelia said, then started walking towards the door, "i'll be expecting you to go down in a minute. lunch will be in a second. Besides, it's Christmas, you should be spending time with your family.", she said, and opened the door. She was supposed to close the door, but then she poked her head inside the room, "and maybe change out of those pajamas."

And with that, Y/N's mother closed the door.

The girl looked at the dress on her bed. It was a white long sleeve dress that goes down to the ankles. It was pretty.

Sighing one last time, Y/N got the dress from the bed, and immediately put it on.

Her mother is right. It's Christmas. She's not going to let Draco ruin this day for her.

• • •

Draco sat on the dining table with his parents and Y/N's. They were filling their plates with food, but the blonde couldn't sit still.

He was looking for her. But she was no where to be seen. Her mother said she was up in her room.

Was she really gonna stay there until they leave?