The Bad News

Phil was woken up by the sound of the elevator. Tony had recently invited him to live on floor 21 in the newly named Avengers Tower. After the battle of New York Tony had invited everyone to live in the old Stark Tower.

They all had their own floor which had 2 large bathrooms, 2 large bedrooms, a large kitchen, a walk in wardrobe and a large living room. Tony had just given the tower a revamp with all the latest gadgets.

JARVIS who was Tony's AI, interrupted his thoughts as he announced that the occupant in the lift was Director Fury and he was on his way.
Phil was dazzled Fury was coming without notice, thoughts rushed into Phil's mind. One that stuck was that he had to look presentable; there was no time for a shower.

So he simply threw on a suit and went into the kitchen and grabbed a grenola bar and sat on one of the white gloss couches that were in his apartment.
Before he could take a bite the lift came to a halt and out stepped Nick Fury, dressed in casual clothes, which did slightly confuse Phil.

He thought to himself when had he ever seen Fury in out of work clothes, the answer was never. Phil arose and went to greet Fury.

"Sir, Phil nodded as a friendly gesture.

To his astonishment Fury just stood there. Phil could tell something was wrong, he could see the fear in his bosses eyes.
"Maria's in hospital." Fury stated his face emotionless.

Maria his love was in hospital. God knows what had happened while Phil was just lazing around in his apartment.

"What happened to her Fury?" Phil asked with a devastated look on his face.
"No time for chatting Coulson, Maria needs you". He paused for a while. "And she needs you now, you will ride in the helicopter with me!" Fury ordered.