Chapter 6

Brooke's POV

I've been running for so long and I can't go any longer. I don't know how she kept going. Of course, I know where she's going, but I can't go back there. I have to call the cops. I take out my phone again and dial the number, which is farther than I got last time.
9-1-1
I press call and hold it up to my ear.
"Hello, 911, what's your emergency?" The voice of a woman asks.
I break down in tears and fall to the pavement.
"My friend... she needs help..." I sob.
"What's going on? Can you tell me your name?"
"It's... Brooke. Her mother is going to kill her..." It's uncontrollable now. My best friend is...
"Where are you?" The woman asks, concerned.
I tell her where the house is and she tells me she's gonna send people... or something. I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying, I was just making sure they were going to save her. I then called my mother.
"Where are you?" She asks immediately. I tell her everything, and she is silent the entire way through. I tell her how I met Clara and what was happening with her. When I finish I tell her where I'm going, back to her house. Of course, she says no but I tell her that the police will be there.
"I don't know what to say," she states.
"Goodbye mom, I love you," I hang up.
I start to run again.
After what seems like hours, I reach her street and see lights in the distance.

Clara's POV

"Tag, you're it," I laugh, poking Brooke in the arm, and running away. Mother and Father are sitting next to each other on the picnic blanket, laughing and watching us play.
"No fair!" Brooke calls jokingly. We both run around the yard for a few more minutes and then settle down on the blanket, grabbing some fruit. The sun shines bright through the fluffy white clouds, creating beams of light in the sky.
"I wish this never had to end, Mama," I say, hopefully.
"It doesn't, Darling." We play, and laugh, and stay together, for all... of eternity...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short and sad chapter. I hope you liked it anyway though:) Make sure you vote/comment/suggest:D
Talk to you in the next chapter😆😆😆😎😋🙋❤️❤️