Chapter 7: A Smurf of Two Worlds

Smurfette looked at the boy named Nick in disbelief. She could hardly believe it, The Sorcerer Smurf was here right in front of her. She just had to be careful not to spook him by mistake.

"You're The Sorcerer Smurf?" Smurfette asked Nick, who seemed just as shocked as her.

"Yes, I am," Nick said to her, reassuringly.

She observed him intently, interested in his design and composition, trying to find out what he was.

"Odd," she noted, "You look like a Smurf, yet..."

"I act like a human?" he finished, "That's because I am one."

That last sentence made Smurfette's eyes go wide. She was confused and bewildered that that was even a possibility.

"You're a human!?" She exclaimed, "But then, how..how are you...?"

"It's a long story," he said, understanding her confusion.

Nick then explained to Smurfette his story, how he came from another realm, a realm full of humans like him, only that it was much more advanced than what was in the villages here. He told her that he was walking down to his mother's apartment to visit her, when he learned she had died, and then two wizards came out of nowhere.

"Who were the wizards?" She asked out of curiosity.

"There were only two of them," he explained, "the older one, Mallorca, had a long white beard and a magic staff in his hand, while the other one, whose name was Ignotus, looked like he was a champion like me, only darker and more malevolent."

"Did he look like a Smurf, the bad guy?"

"Yeah, but he had a different color, he was purple instead of blue, and he had a scar on his face."

"A purple Smurf? That's impossible, the only purple Smurfs we saw didn't seem to have much brains when they were infected."

"I think the effect was different on Sorcerer Smurfs, because he was still smart and skilled with his attacks even though he was purple."

Nick continued onward, saying that he saw the wizard was about to be dealt a killing blow, and out of instinct he ran up to Ignotus, to try and stop him, only to be hit by a blast of magic, which should have killed him, but it did something else.

"The wizard Mallorca wanted to save me, so he used his power to prevent the killing curse from taking effect," Nick said, remembering that event.

"Did it work?" Smurfette asked, intent on knowing the truth.

"Yes," Nick explained, "but because I was exposed to that much Smurf magic, it transformed my body into that of a Smurf."

"Oh, that's awful," Smurfette said, sadness in her voice, "What happened after that?"

Nick turned behind him to see the throne of Mallorca, empty where he once sat on it. Memories of what happened flashed through him, which made him shed a tear.

"I prefer not to talk about that," Nick said, wiping it away, "It just isn't pleasant that last part."

Smurfette understood, she had been through similar pain. She knew what it felt like to feel that kind of grief.

"Well, if you want, I can take you to the village if you want to see Papa Smurf," Smurfette offered, "he might be able to help you."

Nick looked at her for a moment, then back at the mountain, and after a moment of thought, he agreed.

"Alright, at the very least they should know about my existence," Nick said, hopeful.

After Nick had gathered the rest of his stuff and wished farewell to the mountain, Smurfette led him to her dragonfly, Spitfire, and told him to hop on and be careful. After they had climbed aboard, she gave Spitfire a good tug and the two were off to Smurf Village.

Across the way, in the distance, hidden in the woods, a mysterious hooded figure observed them both, and he smiled. A wicked, nasty smile.

"So, the champion lives," he said with a cackle.