S3E06: Part 2

S3E06: Part 2

Bailey POV

Doc went back to help the nurse pass out meds to the patients and left Bailey with 10K while Elvis watched the hall. He hadn't seized since Doc injected him so she hoped that whatever he'd given 10K was working. After a while of her sitting beside him and stroking his jaw and running her fingers through his hair his eyes slowly opened.

"Bailey?" he asked sounding more in his right mind then he had before.

"Shhh." She said hearing Elvis approach also having heard 10K wake up. "We're not alone."

Then he looked to the door and his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, "Is that a black Elvis?" he asked nervously.

"Yes. Don't worry, he's real. That's not another hallucination."

«»

"Hang on Doctor hippie." Elvis said helping Bailey bring 10K into the large white room with the others, "We've got one more."

"Hey –eyy Doc." 10K said with a slightly out of it grin as Doc rushed over.

"Thanks Elvis." He said taking his place and helping Bailey bring 10K to a table along the wall away from the nurse as she continued to pass out meds though now she cast weary glances at them every few minutes.

"Just be cool man, they don't know we know you." Doc said sitting across from him while Bailey dragged a chair over to sit beside 10K who leaned back against the wall and put his elbow on the table resting his face in his palm.

"How you feeling?" Doc asked.

"Like, super mellow." 10K replied with a smirk, his voice deep and cracking a bit.

"You know everybody thought you were dead." Doc said leaning forward, "Not me. I knew you were alive, you little cockroach. I knew it." Doc said smiling as 10K got an ear to ear grin and leaned further into his hand as his elbow slid on the table "But how'd you survive it? The last time I saw you, you were on that sinking submarine."

"Murphy saved me." 10K replied still smirking as he gave a shrug.

"Murphy?" Doc asked and Bailey grit her teeth trying not to let her hate show.

"Hmm." 10K nodded.

"Are you kidding?"

"Hmm."

"The Murphy? Mr. I-am-the-chosen-one-so-I-get-to-act-like-a-selfish-pain-in-the-ass Murphy?" Doc asked and Bailey smirked at his description.

"He's not like that anymore. He's different." 10K said harshly as he sat up straighter and got a serious look on his face which made Bailey's smile fall. Why would he be defending Murphy? He couldn't need another injection so soon could he? They just fixed the side effects of the last one. Doc saw the change too knowing 10K would never defend Murphy that way.

"Did something happen?" he asked. 

"No. Yes." 10K said quickly his eyes wide and shifting side to side.

"Huh?" Doc asked and Bailey's expression grew concerned.

"I dunno." 10K said softly, "Everything's so. . . fuzzy." He continued, not making eye contact with either of them as he leaned against the wall and slid down a bit, Bailey rested her hand on his thigh as he looked down at his lap like he was trying hard to concentrate on his train of thought, then he sighed, "The harder I think about it the further away it goes. Where's Warren? Addy?" he asked looking up at them again.

"They're not here and we shouldn't be either." Doc said and 10K sat up straighter looking serious again but this time when he spoke the words sounded more like 10K, less blend.