45:\\ Missing

Amelia

I hadn't seen or heard from Ethan in days. I wondered if he had decided to do that thing kids today do to one another. Ghost me.

I had tried texting and calling, to no avail. I even asked Violet about him and she acted weird and never answered.

I felt extremely dejected, but I felt like Dr. Dooley had something to do with it. So I called my ex-husband and began yelling.

"Do you ever shut up Amelia! I am a very busy man, I wouldn't have to or care enough to deal with childish antics with your boyfriend. Don't bother me with these dumb accusations." He said and hung up.

I groaned, calling Ethans number one more time and hoping for a response. It rung for a few seconds before a voice answered the other line.

"Hello." A voice said.

"H...Hi... who is this?"

"This is officer Hanks, who am I speaking to?"

"A...Amelia? I'm Ethan's girlfriend. Why do you have his phone."

"I'm sorry Miss Amelia, but Ethan's case is currently under investigation. We can give you more information if you'd like to come to the precinct and we can take your statement." He said. I stared blankly at my reflection in the vanity mirror. Why would Ethan have a case. And why would his case be under investigation. My mind went to the worst places as I felt tears stream down my cheeks.

I'd felt it hours ago, a strange unknown pang in my chest. I hadn't realized what it was then, but now I knew. He was dead. My love was dead.

I started crying, taking loud gasping breaths as the officer on the other end of the line remained silent.

"Ma'am, if you'd like to come to the station, we're location at the corner of Marylyn and Oscar Street. It's the JPP 721 Police Precinct. Come by when you have time or we can send a detective to speak with you." The Officer said, hanging up as I continued sobbing loudly. My heart ached at the thought.

But he hadn't said anything, maybe Ethan's case was a robbery or something where he wasn't gone forever. I tried thinking positively but deep down I knew something was wrong, something evil had happened to him and I was sitting in my bed sobbing.

The front door shut as I heard voices downstairs. Checking the time, I realized Violet and Aaron must be here. I worried about my daughter, she shouldn't spend her entire high-school career dependent on a man and ruin her time when she should be making friends.

I glanced up at the vanity mirror yet again, wiping the tears. Thankfully I hadn't cried long enough for my eyes to turn red.

"Mom I'm home!" I heard violet say from downstairs as loud banging came from the kitchen. The drawers were all opening and shutting loudly to the point where I was excessively annoyed and rushing down the stairs to tell her to stop sliding cabinets and drawers so loudly.

The sight I came upon was one I wish I never had to see. Violet was propped against the fridge as she and Aaron were sucking each other's faces. I shuddered in disgust, slightly missing Ethan and rushing out the door, on my way to the police station.

In case you're interested in getting the totally edited/revised/changed paperback version of this book:

AMAZON PAPERBACK LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Read-Minds-ebook/dp/B08RYV11F2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=veronica+Soliman&qid=1609863783&sr=8-3

Barnes and Noble: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)

Apple Store: (Link will be available in the coming weeks)