Chapter 1: Hello Stranger

December 21, 2012, 11pm read the clock in the airport as Ben sat dozing off in the Manchester airport. There was the end of one of the biggest blizzards New England had ever seen was swirling around outside. All flights in or out of the airport had been already postponed until after the staff could manage to get the snow cleared. Because of this most people had gone to get hotel rooms for the next few nights, planning to have to stay through the holidays. Ben was just one of the many unlucky people unable to find someplace to stay. The only sounds throughout the airport were murmurings people were making and the rustling of belongings, otherwise as to the fact most people, including Ben, had started to try to achieve sleep on the hard plastic chairs of the airport boarding areas; the area was surprisingly quiet. Upon finding that he couldn't get a hotel room anywhere, he was placed on the list for boarding with local families as a safety precaution for all the unaccompanied minors going onboard planes that day. The airport soon had them all grouped together in one of the waiting areas, a group of about 30 were there. As the day went on, Ben watched as a few at a time the kids began to leave starting with the youngest. Being 16, he knew he was going to be one of the last ones sent with a family, not that this bothered him until now.

Just as Ben began to doze off an airport employee gently touched Ben's shoulder. Startled, he turned to see the woman. "Sir, we found a place for you to stay." She said quietly as to not disturb anyone.

Ben sat up rubbing his eyes a bit trying to wake up. "What?" He asked her half asleep.

"We found a family to stay with until your flight is ready to board." She repeated smiling.

"Great!" Ben said quietly. He couldn't wait to rest on a bed, never mind if it was his or someone else's. As adventurous as sleeping at the airport seemed, the hard plastic chairs weren't really good for sleeping.

"Just follow me," the worker said, "Consider yourself lucky, this is probably the last family."

Tiredly Ben stood up and began to trudge after the woman, carry on in one hand and pulling his suitcase behind him. As the two walked the sounds of their footsteps joined with the rest of the hum from throughout the airport. The woman lead him to a middle aged man in a windbreaker clearly from the 80's waiting in the main lobby.

"This is the passenger you'll be taking, Mr. Oliver," the woman said before abruptly turning around and walking away. Ben smiled a bit at the man, not knowing what to do. Standing in front of him was a man standing about 5'11", with balding brown hair, and wire glasses positioned on his nose. The man was in a light blue dress shirt and slacks that were wrinkled from being worn that day.

"Hi, kid. I'm Bob Oliver," The man said to Ben. Ben ran a hand through his dark hair, trying to

"I'm Ben Prat," he said trying to stay awake as best he could. The two went over to Mr. Oliver's car, and they packed Ben's bags into the back. The night was thick and the only light they were going by was the light of the street lamps in the snow covered parking lot. Climbing into the car Ben soon began to relax as the heat began to blow out of th vents and on to his face. Ben watched out the window as Mr. Oliver drove to his home, slowly falling asleep as the call of exsaustion soon took over his worn out body.

***************************************************************************************************************

The next morning as a dazed Ben awoke he began to get nervous not knowing where he was. Getting out of bed, and looking around the light blue bedroom he had almost no indication of his location, and then he saw the snow. As the teen had been asleep a new layer of fluffy white had covered the already far burried ground. A chill went through Ben's body as he thought of the cold wet substance against his skin. As he looked around the Oliver's guest room he noticed there were old photographs of what he assumed to be a beach nearby. The room was calming and quiet, seeming like a nice place to think.

Ben quickly put on his slippers and went down stairs to find his hosts. To his surprise as he turned inti the kitchen he only saw one person; a girl with long dark hair, that waved and curled ever so gently, who looked to be about his age eating a bowl of cheerios.

"I've never seen someone sleep as deeply as you." the girl said before taking another bite of her breakfast.  

Ben sat there and watched as the girl chewed her breakfast at the family's island in the kitchen. Her chocolate eyes staring right back at him. Ben had never considered himself a very sound sleeper by any standards, but he brushed it off.

"Who are you?" He asked curiously, having no clue who she was or what she was doing here. The girl rolled her eyes at him, putting her bowl in the sink behind her.

"Who am I? I could ask you the same question." The girl said sounding annoyed. Ben got nervous, he didn't want to upset anyone here, especially not on his first day. She just stood there looking at him completely straight faced.

"I'm Ben." He said nervously. Ben didn't know whether he was nervous because of her forceful personality or her looks, but both were intimidating.

"Dani." She said a small smile forming on her pink lips.

***************************************************************************************************************

Hey Guys, its Turtle! I'm just going to tell you, for anyone who doesnt go on my profile; I have a tumblr for my stories, where I post updates on how the chapters are going and such. Try to check it out! Any votes or follows are much aprechiated.