NOWPLAYING #6

NOWPLAYING #6 - Like A Pill

"And I swear, you're just like a pill - instead of making me better, you keep making me ill!" - Cascada

____________________________________

"Get up," a far away voice growled.

Linc made no move to obey. With a small groan, he shifted his position on the bed. In his dream, he was back home in Italy, sleeping on the soft mattress of his king-sized bed and devouring women as and when he liked.

"Five more minutes..." he mumbled.

A sigh. The shuffling of feet. A sudden white light creeped its way into Linc's closed eyelids. And then an unbearably cold sensation washed over him as freezing water soaked his clothes and the sheets. He gasped and bolted upright from the shock, teeth chattering uncontrollably. "What in the...?"

A guy wearing a black hoodie and blue faded jeans loomed over him, glaring at him with angry grey eyes. A small bucket was tucked under his left arm. "I said, get up."

Linc scowled at him, the damp fabric of his nightclothes clinging to his bare skin. "W-what was that for? And w-who are you to order me around? How did you get inside m-my room?"

The guy narrowed his eyes at him. And then his gaze landed on the floor.

Linc looked down. The brunette hottie he'd "hung out with" the previous night lay just beside his bed, half-naked and sound asleep.

Linc looked back up to his uninvited company. "So?"

The guy gave a small grunt and shook his head, as if unable to believe what was happening. He set the bucket down on the floor, and crossed to the other side of the room. He started rummaging around the drawer of whom Linc had assumed was his roommate's.

"What are you doing?" Linc questioned suspiciously.

"Preparing for school. It's seven a.m. Classes start today. Seven-thirty."

It all dawned on Linc then. Ah, so this is my roommate. For the past few days ever since he arrived at Bennett, his roommate had been a no-show. Linc had started to think he'd gotten into a fatal accident or something equally as bad. He bet this grumpy roommate of his was now feeling stupid to have avoided somebody as amazing as him, the son of a bestselling author and elite fashion-designer.

He leaned down and poked the girl below him. She gave a small, soft groan.

"Hello," Linc leaned down and whispered softly in her ear. Her eyes slowly fluttered open. She smiled and looped her arms around his neck, leaning up for a smooch.

"Hi," she whispered back hoarsely.

Linc bit back a grimace. Ew. The girl had morning breath! Just before her lips could touch his, he pushed her away roughly. "Ah, how unfortunate. School is starting in about half an hour, and-"

"What?" the girl stuttered, pulling back abruptly. Her eyes went wide in alarm, and she looked around wildly, only then taking in her surroundings. And then she cussed and fumbled around frantically for her top.

"Err..." Linc held the piece of clothing out to her, dangling on his index finger. She made a quick grab for it, tugged it down her head and bolted out of his room at the speed of lighting.

From the other side of the room, he heard his roommate shut the drawer.

Linc casually leaned back on the wall where his bed was situated against, arms behind his head. "So, what is your name?"