[35] A Mother's Worry | The Phantom I | Tease

I watched as JJ drove Kiara's car with one hand on the wheel, the other resting on the gear lever. My face was red as I thought about every touch, every thrust, and every sweet thing he whispered in my ear. I bit my lip as I tried to comprehend that I, Beckett Winslow, had sex with JJ Maybank.

I couldn't look away from him as he took a turn, his hands making a smooth rubbing sound against the wheel as he straightened out the car. He glanced at me from the corner of his eye, a smug look overcoming his face as he realized I was staring. "What, Winslow?"

"Your girl?" I teased, referring back to what he called me as I raised an eyebrow. He shook his head, smiling to himself as I continued. "I don't remember ever being 'your girl'"

"You've always been," he shrugged casually, keeping his eyes on the road as a blush creeped up his neck. "I didn't think I had to ask."

"Always?"

"I mean, sure, you were annoying, but I always had a thing for annoying Kooks."

"Because I was the annoying one," I hummed, nodding off and looking out the window, unable to help the smile on my face. Fuck, the things this boy does to me. "The thought counts," I said, referring to him not asking me if I wanted to be 'his girl'.

"Well, I guess I'll have to find the right moment to ask."  He moved his hand from the gear lever to my thigh, squeezing as he pulled into the parking lot of The Wreck. "Even if you're already mine."

I rolled my eyes, ignoring the fluttering of pure happiness in my stomach as I got out of the car. The stupid grin on my face was impossible to wipe, and as I walked up to The Wreck, I feared Pope and Kiara would be able to tell exactly what happened.

We spent much more time at my aunt's place than we intended and I didn't think it was a big deal considering we weren't meeting John B until three, but as I saw the look on Kiara's face when JJ and I entered the building, I could tell it was a bigger deal than I thought.

"Where were you guys?" She barked, her eyes darting between the two of us. JJ shrugged, strolling pass and tossing the car keys to Kiara. I was envious of the way he played it cool while leaning against a wall and looking out the windows. He didn't bother to give Kiara a second glance as he watched the area, listening to the police sirens in the distance.

"We're here now," I offered, doing my best to keep from exposing myself. "Any news on John B?"

Kiara scoffed, taking a seat next by herself. She didn't answer my question, instead opting to stay quiet. I sighed, wishing I could get a moment with her to talk about what's going on between us.

"I don't think he's caught," Pope said, walking over to where JJ was. "They wouldn't be patrolling still if they caught him."

"Let's hope," JJ sighed.

"You know," Kiara started, looking between Pope and JJ. "We were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too. God knows if they spotted you and Beck on the way back from her aunts."

I felt confused at what they were saying, but I just chalk it up to be something that occurred while I was getting bitch slapped by my aunt. I nodded along, doing my best to follow the conversation.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope declared, a look of determination plastered on his face.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ questioned, looking confused. Pope grabbed the keys to JJ's bike, twirling around the metal in his hands. Pope didn't reply as he headed for the door. "Pope?"