Chapter 2: Stories

• Didedikasikan kepada Tim

I woke up and the sun light was streaming through the window. Crap! I didn't sleep too long! I thought as I quickly got out of bed and changed into leggings and a long tunic style t-shirt. Going down the hall way I hear Adonis talking.

"She needs answers Gabe, just like I did. Ammon, her and I will travel to my mom's temple, she'll get her answers and then we'll come home."

"I don't Adonis. I know your good at fighting and Ammon can take care of himself, but I don't want her to get hurt." Gabe sounded pretty concerned for some one who just met me.

"I'm a good fighter," I say as I come around the corner to look at him, "I may not look like it because I'm small, but I can beat most grown men."

"Kitty, how long were you listening?" asked Adonis, looking confused.

"I only heard the last part about me not being able to fight, Donny" I say the last part so he knows I don't want to be called Kitty any longer. Gabe looks from me to him and back to me with a confused look on his face. I walk all the way into the room witch had two sofas and a coffee table facing each other, I sat down on the sofa that Adonis was sitting on and leaned into the corner of it.

"Alright, Kitty, what we are planning on doing in three days is having Gabe drive us into town with his shipments. From there we'll walk to two towns over and we'll be in Heck."

"Heck?" I ask and Donny started laughing.

"Heck is the town where the biggest temple to Hecate is," Gabe explained for me while Donny kept laughing at me.

"Kitty, I would ask you if you've been living under a rock but you kinda have been!"

"Don't call me Kitty!" I snapped at him. "And I'm sure I didn't live in that cave all my life!" that of course made him laugh harder.

"Adonis, do you remember when I first told you your mother was Hecate and I wasn't your real father, and how you thought that you weren't you just because who you thought your parents were changed?" Gabe asked him seriously. That made Adonis stop laughing, his face darkened with sadness.

"Yeah I remember, are you trying to tell me that Kitty is going through the same thing except she has no past at all to compare it to?" he l turned to me with a sad look in his eyes, like he felt the pain that I should have felt with this whole 'I don't know who I am or what I am' thing. "I'm sorry Iris, I didn't mean to be inconsiderate towards you." I smiled at him because he was forgiven and I didn't care any more.

"You didn't call me Kitty that time Donny"

"Yet you still called me Donny, Kitty Eyes" he said lifting his eye brow at me.

"Touché" I say and we both burst out laughing. Gabe gets up and leaves shaking his chuckling. We sat there a while a while laughing our heads off. End the end we both were out of breath and breathing heavy.

"I haven't laughed that hard since, well I've never laughed that hard." Adonis says panting. He stands up and stretches, making a cute squeal that makes me giggle. "What?"

"Nothing its just well, you squealed and it was so cute." I blush laughing more.

"So, I'm cute am I, I'm gonna take that as a complement" he says making me bush more.

"I didn-" I start but he cuts me.

"I don't care if you didn't mean it as a complement I'm taking it that way." He says in fake haughty voice that I can't help laugh at.

"No I don't think your cute-"

"So you think I'm breath taking?" he asks in the same haughty tone as before.

"No I-"

"Angelic?"

"No!"

"Godly even? Do you swoon at the thought of me?"

"No!"

"Good," he said returning to his normal voice which I liked much better. "I knew so many girls who fell in 'love' with me because I was beautiful. I have never seen what that saw, no matter how hard I looked I never saw that beauty."

"Well I can see more beauty inside you from that one statement than any one will ever see inside." I say because its true, he was gorgeous, but I could tell that he would never see that side of himself, no matter what ant one could have told him.

"Really?" he asked surprised. "No one has ever looked farther than my face to something like that. Did you really mean that?"

"No I'm telling you lies so you hate me," I say sarcastically. "Of course I really mean it if I didn't then why would I waste my breath on empty words if I'm not telling the truth or gonna get a laugh out of it."

"Well that's a relief, so where's Ammon?" Crap I haven't seen him since last night when I threatened to through him down a well!

"I haven't seen him since last night."

"Oh well. He'll be around and don't worry about empty threats, he doesn't get offended easy."

"Adonis, never read my thoughts with out my permission again, or I'll make nonempty promises to kick you into next week." I gave him a cold stare and he holds it for a little while but then he breaks out it to a smile it makes me roll my eyes and smile.

"Do you know any stories?" Donny asks and I was kinda taken aback because it was such a random comment.

"What? Yeah I only remember one though how about we swap stories?" I suggest because I want to hear one. "You start."

"Okay here goes nothing. I'm bad at story telling so beware you might die from boredom." He warned. "Once very long ago there lived a man named whose name escapes me at the moment."

"You can't start like that!" I interject "tell one about a man whose name doesn't escapes you at the moment"

"Fine you don't have to be rude! Okay once upon a there was a man who had no family but himself."

"That's sad" I mumble sliding across the couch to sit next to him.

"Hush, he traveled around the world over and over and met a woman like him; alone without a family. They became friends and searched the world over for there families," Adonis sat there telling story upon story about how they fought slave traders and each other. He talked about how they saved children and how they searched every where for each others families.

"In the end after many adventures and almost loosing their lives one to many times they came home to the place they each started and found the family that they had searched the world over had been my each others side the entire time."

"That was a good story; I almost don't want to share mine." I say leaning against him. He felt warm and safe and I was still tired.

"I can tell you another one if you want Kitty," he whispered to me. I looked out the window and saw it was dark, how could so much time have gone by and we didn't ever notice it?

"Don't hit me but, it's because you were listening to a story that you never noticed anything" I glared up at him for reading my thoughts, but sighed snuggling in closer to him. "What am I comfy or something?"

"Yes- err I mean no I'm just tired. Tell another story please Donny?" I beg softly drifting off to sleep.

"Alright once, when man was first created, they had four arms, legs, and eyes. They had two heads, hearts and mouths. But the Gods were jealous because they would grow to powerful. So Zeus through down lightning bolts and split them all in half leaving them with one head and two legs and arms like we are today. But they also left us with a half our soul, leaving us to forever to wonder the earth searching for our other half, our soul mates."

"That is a sad story," I mumble almost incoherently as I finally close my eyes and sleep.