nightmare

I wake up with my neck hurting, a splitting headache and a can of dog food placed in front of me.

"Morning Y/N, Show Pony should be here soon. How're you feeling?"

"Like i'm gonna be sick.'' I push the dog food away. Even though i'm kinda hungry even the thought of eating something /good/ makes me wanna throw up.

"You gotta eat man, I can't have you starving to death."

"Just get me something to drink."

"Hey Ghoul!" he yells. "Toss me a water would you?"

His volume makes me flinch and makes my headache worse.

He catches a water bottle thrown his way and opens it for me. I take a small sip but my shooting pain goes through my whole body. And I spilled it.

"Y/N? Are you okay?"

"My pills-I need my pills."

"No can do, sorry, but there's no way you're getting them." Party Poison says.

I put my head down on the table and squeeze my eyes shut. There's a strange feeling in my chest and I nearly can't breathe. The four are talking, but i can't make out what they're saying. Any noise sounds like someone screaming into a megaphone next to my ear and the light feels like I've been staring at the sun for three hours.

"Hey! Hey Y/N, look at me, look at me okay?" I open my eyes and look up at Kobra Kid, but it hurts too much. I slip out of the booth and when i hit the floor it feels like i fell 50 feet. Kobra Kid uncuffs my arm and pulls me out from under the table. "It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay I promise. Someone help me get him into the room."

My brain feels like it's splitting itself in half. Kobra Kid grabs one arm and Jet Star the other and helps me into the room I first woke up in when I first got here. They lay me down on the bed and back away a little to talk I think, but I grab the front of the Kobra Kid's shirt.

"It hurts!"

I sits back down next to me and puts my head in his lap.

"I know Y/N, you're gonna be okay. I promise. It's gonna be okay."

He starts rubbing my back, and i almost doze off. Everytime I do it feels like I'm hit by lightning and it jolts me awake.

"Whats fucking happening?" I mutter.

"Withdrawal. That's how they keep you on the pills. I know it sucks but you just have to let it run its course."

"I want it to stop."

"Shh. I know you do. You just gotta get through this. It's gonna get better, I promise."

I finally start to doze off without it nearly killing me.

"Hey, hey it's gonna be okay, you're almost there. You're almost there.'' I grab his hand and hold onto it as tightly as I can.

"It doesn't hurt anymore."

"That's too bad." he pushes me down and lets go of my hand. "Wayyy to bad. You really thought we'd let you live after this?" he pulls out a yellow gun and points it at me.

"Y/N!"

I'm pulled out of that and opened my eyes. Kobra Kid's looked down at me with a worried expression on his face.

"Holy shit."

"Get away from me!" I yell, pushing him away and scrambling back into a corner. My head hurts and every sound feels magnified and so does the lights but he's gonna kill me.

"Hey hey!" Party Poison yells, pointing his gun at me, the same one Kobra Kid was holding. "Dont fucking push him."

"Get away from me!" I yell at the top of my lungs. 

"Party put the fucking gun down! He's terrified!" Kobra Kid walks over and kneels in front of me. 

"You tried to shoot me!" 

"Hey, can you look at me? Look at me for a second."

I lift my head up a little to meet his eyes.

"It was a dream. No ones gonna shoot you, right?" he glances at Party Poison for a second.

"Yeah whatever."

"I forgot the pills keep you from dreaming. I guess that means it's mostly out of your system now."

"Huh?"

"That was a dream. You've had to have heard of them."

"Well uhh.. Yeah.. but that was real!"

"I know it felt real, but it wasn't, I promise. How about you go clean up for a second and Party's gonna get you some food."

He helps me stand up and walks me to the bathroom. He closes the door behind me and I know he's standing right in front of it, waiting for me to get out so I don't escape. I wash my face and take a deep breath, staring at the mirror. I look awful. When I step back out Kobra Kid locks the handcuff on my arm around his own wrist and leads me back to the front room.

I don't know what i should be thinking, but i do know i gotta get back to the fucking city.

"Hi! I'm Show Pony, you must be the infamous crow boy I've heard so much about."