»abrasions

dear abrasions,
the bathroom door closed behind me as the voices clawed through the keyhole—begging to shatter the mirror's glass into my eyes. a teddy bear hung from my tiny fingertips as it shivered beside me. one eye had rolled away and the stuffing poured gently out of the little bear's paws. sighing, i sat on the cold floor. the footsteps bounced from the stars, bumping into the moon and sun as they went up the stairs. tripping over leftover toys and bookmarked books, a yelp came from the footsteps.

"your father wants to talk to you," whispered a damaged flower from the other side of the door.

the leaves fluttered across the doorway, trying to seep its stems and twisted veins through the door's cracks. blue petals fell against the door knob, opening the pathway for light to stream down at me.

"your father is on the phone," it shivered against the ice underneath its roots. "he says hi."

"and only hi?" i encountered as the teddy bear clutched tightly onto me.

"well..." words tiptoed around my tiny body as my eyes fluttered to the corners of the sink in front of me. the ends were chipped, falling apart as the water eroded through its misty and rusty surfaces. "he says he's sorry."

                                                yours truly,
                                                 the process of