Chapter 9 - End Of Breaking Dawn p.1

Book: Together
Chapter 9
Word Count: 550

A/N: I'm sorry for the short chapter!!!
-L

No one's POV

She tried to push through it. Push through the darkness that tried to take her. She didn't try to lift the darkness, just resist it. She wouldn't allow it to weigh her down and crush her.

There wasn't much that she could do, she just had to keep going. She couldn't let the darkness take her, she wouldn't let that happen.

She knew that Jasper would be doing anything to get her to just open her eyes again. She needed something stronger to hang on to, but she had lots of things.

Jasper, Charlie, Bella, Embry, Renée, Alice, Jacob, Rosalie... her daughter...

It terrified her that she might never see them again, that was why she needed to hold on.

For them.

For Jasper.

Even though she felt herself slipping away, she felt herself growing more and more alive. She felt warmer, hotter, like she was lying on a beach under the burning hot sun.

But hotter than that.

The hotter she felt, the more uncomfortable she got. She just got hotter and hotter... And hotter. Like she was being burnt repeatedly. Like she grabbed the wrong end of a curling iron and wouldn't let go of it.

As the burning grew, she then wished that she had let the darkness take her. She'd do anything to get rid of the torture and pain that she felt. Everything replayed in her mind.

Meeting the Cullen's, discovering that vampires exist, her first kiss with Jasper, James and the ballet studio, the Cullen's leaving Forks, her feeling depressed, graduating, Victoria and the newborn army, Jasper proposing to her, their wedding, their honeymoon, her getting pregnant, her going through the pain because of her pregnancy, giving birth, and that's it... Her going through some burning pain that didn't stop.

Her mind was unbearably clear. It had to be the morphine. She just wanted to make it stop, she wanted to give up... The pain was too much for her.

The burning never ended. It just carried on.

---

Everyone was still waiting for Lily to wake up. Bella had already woken up with a dead heart and red eyes, she had become one of them. But Lily still hadn't opened her eyes.

Alice and Rosalie brushed Lily's hair softly and changed her into a pretty red dress. They had put makeup on her too. Jasper stood by the door of Carlisle's office, watching his wife's lifeless body get changed into the dress.

Something caught Jasper's eye, the bite marks on Lily were healing and closing up. Her arms and legs were gaining back muscles. Also, her hollow cheeks came back to life, her hair got it's colour back, the dark circles under her eyes disappeared, and her skin got paler.

Everyone had gathered in Carlisle's office. It was silent. Everyone was listening closely, until it happened.

Her heartbeat stopped, making it even more silent. Everyone's breath hitched in their throats when they heard no sound coming from in Lily's chest. No heartbeat.

They waited and waited, getting more and more anxious. Until what they were waiting for finally came.

Her eyes snapped open. But instead of her beautiful, soft, brown eyes...

They were crimson red.