Pack Meeting

Chapter three: Pack Meeting

My day was ok that was until I got home forgetting that Kamden was there. It was pissing me off that he used us to get into the pack territory. Sure I could care less about this pack, but it doesn’t mean I like being used. I had enough of that in high school.  I’m not going through that again.

Pulling up to the drive way I put my head against the steering wheel trying to clam my nerves and irritation down. It was working that was until I heard a knock on the window starling me out of my stupor. Looking up through the fogged up window because the temperature drops when its fall, I saw Kade outside giving me look that says I better get my ass inside the house and deal with the situation that I created.

Reluctantly I got out of the car shutting the door I faced Kade.

“What?”

“Don’t you ‘what’ me,” Kade look irritated, must be because he had to spend most of the evening with Kam. Kade only work from 9-5, where as I tend to stay at work longer because of my never ending list. I’m beginning to think that Business work was not meant for me. I only took it because it paid well and I was guaranteed a job when I graduate.

The only passion I had was for photography. I tried joining the photography club, but they don’t provide you with cameras and since my parents could care less what I wanted, never got me one. It wasn’t until I got a real job that I could afford a digital camera. It was my first and I still had it.

“I know you don’t like him, but at least don’t leave me alone with him. You jackass,” Kade turned and walked the path to the front door with me following right behind him. Kade open the door and headed straight for the stairs. I shut the door, but I could hear the TV from where I was standing.

“Conner you better have finished your homework before watching TV,” yelling while making my way into the living room. Conner was on the floor watching TV and Kamden was lying down on the couch.

“Well did you?” leaning against the wall for support.

“Of course I did, Kam helped me,” spoke without turning around to speak to me. When he said it I felt kind of hurt, I mean I usually help him with homework when I get home. Oh please don’t tell me he’s getting attach to Kamden. That would be bad especially when he either moves out or finds his mate or when he gets kill, really hoping for the later.

Kamden  looked up just as I was about to leave and spoke in his native language, “Здравствуйте, Wyatt. Как прошел твой день? (Hell0, Wyatt.How was your day?- I don’t know if this is right cause I used the Google translator and if it’s not I apologize in advance.)

“Huh? Boy don’t be speaking Russian when no one in this can even understand it,” I yelled over my shoulder. Going to the fridge I grabbed a cold beer to drink. Being werewolf sucked big time. Can’t even experience getting drunk on regular beer instead we have to get our beer specially made just to feel buzzed. It has to do with our high metabolism. Silver doesn’t harm us just a mild annoyance, the only way to kill us is beheading.

Turning around only to spit out the beer I drank all over the kitchen counter. Sitting at the table in the dark corner was Reaper.

“Are you trying to send me into early retirement?” holding my fast beating heart. Reaper was sitting there all calm, like he always does.

“We have a pack meeting at seven, go get ready we need to be there early to check the surrounding area,” he sounds all robot like then again he get like this whenever we are about to do a job. My should slump at the mention of “pack meeting” leaving my almost full beer on the table only to peak my head back into the kitchen, “you suck.” As I walked away I could have sworn I heard chuckles coming from the dark corner. Shaking my head I proceeded to my room to get ready.