Untitled Part 2

http://www.edwardmcdermott.net/

The Horse Thief and Others Stories

A collection of six Western stories, over twenty thousand words of entertainment.

The Horse Thief

In 1875, Mike Thornton came to Dodge City, Kansas to arrest a horse thief and take him back to Texas alive, no matter what anyone else had planned. Why? It was his brother.

The Lonely Wind

Dorothy loved flowers, books and company; that was only natural for a teenage girl. However, on a farm in the middle of nowhere, she was so lonely she risked everything when she ran away.

The Buffalo Hunt

In 1847, on the Oregon Trail, Padric MacCarthy led a band of buffalo hunters. The wagon trains needed the meat.

The Cripple of Pioche

In 1872, in Pioche Nevada, Jack Wheelock lost his leg in a mining accident. How could he earn money to send home to his mother? He couldn’t run from trouble, so he had to face it.

Abilene

In 1867 the money was no good. Captain Mason Baxter planned to bring cattle out of Texas despite the carpetbaggers, the Comanches, and the jayhawkers, even if he had to drive them to the gates of perdition, by himself.

Belle Takes a Husband

In the spring of 1867, Belle O’Reilly came to a conclusion there wasn’t an acceptable husband to be had within a hundred miles. When she did find one, she wasn’t going to let a range war stop her.

Go to Amazon