Chapter 5

It was Monday again. Another school day. I still had a slight headache from Saturday. I met with Jackie and Clover in front of class and Jackie brought out a packet out of her bag.

"This is the hangover kit. It has ibuprofen, snacks, gum and some other stuff to help us get through today." I grabbed some ibuprofen and some gum and walked to the bathroom. Clover and Jackie followed and we made some Tik Toks and talked and then went to class. We got through the day mostly and by the end of the day rumours had spread of the weekend throughout the grade. Pretty much everyone in our grade knew that me and Jackie had gotten really drunk and were hungover.

When we got the corner store and met with Ollie, the Lao girls and their friends came to sit with us and were asking us a bunch of stuff.

"Why are you guys so loud?", Jackie mumbled. "Giving me a headache."

"Sorry, I just got excited about Ollie and Callie.", said Ava.

We chatted for a while, as the time passed. We laughed, talked, ate, and I realized how good I had life for a while. But I knew not everything lasts. Eventually, Jackie and Clover were going to go to university where they go, and I was going back to Ontario.

"Callie, why do you look so sad? Your face is like, falling to the ground," Jackie said, staring at my face.

"Uh, nothing, I just started thinking really deep..."

Everyone continued chatting, and we made some good memories that day. As we were walking back to school, Ollie whispered into my ear that he needed to talk to me before I went home. I was in the car that day, so we wouldn't talk for a while before the main road, where we split our ways.

Ollie pulled me aside from the group as we were gathering to go home.

"Ok, so you know I've been here since grade one, right?", he said, very quietly.

"Yeah... you've been here for 9 years...", I started. "Where are you going with this?"

"Um, well nobody knows, but I'm moving this year. I will come back to visit, though. To see you, and Connor, and Axel, Leo, Clover and Jackie. You're all my favourite people, and I totally will visit."

I stood there, shocked. "Where are you going?"

"We don't know yet. Maybe somewhere random. I hope that it's close to you."

Without saying anything else, I wrapped my arms around him, embracing him in a hug. I didn't want to let him go, even though we had another 4 months to spend together.

That night, I was on my bed, wondering how I was going to live without him. I didn't want him to leave, but he was. Nothing I could do would stop him from leaving. I fell asleep, dreaming about meeting him again sometime in the future.