158 days to film release

Shraddha clenched her teeth and hissed out in pain as the medical assistant dabbed stinging liquid onto her wounds. She was shooting a scene when she slipped on her heels and sliced her knees and hands. Asphalt was grained deep in her skin and she felt her heart throbbing. There were multiple bruises and cuts.

"That looks painful," Shraddha Naik, let's call her Shraddz for convenience, grimaced as she observed sweat cascade down Shraddha's forehead and her hand clutch the white sheet with a tight grip. She had been the last to stay behind among the crew members who checked up on Shraddha.

"You think? I thought I had shattered my knee with how hard I had fallen. Anyway, at least there were no other serious injuries."

"Mukesh Sir postponed your shooting dates to the next 10 days. He needs your skin to heal. Varun and the others will do their parts in the meanwhile. Speaking of which, where is he?" Shraddz furrowed her brows in a V, genuinely confused.

"Where's who?" Shraddha tilted her head to the right, leaning back on her elbows with a lazy pout.

"Varun?"

Realization clouded Shraddha's face and she nearly swore in absolute fear. "I...I forgot to tell him," Shraddz fixed a disappointed stare and clapped a hand on her forehead in frustration. "What? I got injured before he came. He's probably still in hair and makeup. I'll explain to - Shraddz stop giving me that look. Stop it!"

"You know how he gets when you're injured. He smothers. More so than a mother would." Shraddz had seen how Varun acted when Shraddha is injured. Multiple times. He can be suffocating when protective, but it's endearing. Shraddz thinks she's never encountered a more caring person than Varun when he's with his Chirkut.

"I'm aware. I'm the victim of his caring nature. As long as I don't see him today, he won't scold me."

"Girl, are you delusional? He probably already knows - "

Varun burst into the room, panic flooded the room in catastrophic waves. His eyes zoned in on Shraddha's face then her knees. His chest heaved drastically in effort for oxygen. "Thank god you're okay!" He delicately brought Shraddha into his arms and cradled her soft head, "They told me you broke your knee!"

"Varun, I'm fine. No broken knees. Just some bruises. Guess what? I am officially never wearing heels again," she smiled tenderly into his shoulder, her hands soothing his worry with soft stokes. She made the mistake of wincing when the general practitioner continued cleaning her wound. Varun broke the hug and held her hands gingerly. He noticed the multitude of tiny embeds and slashes on her fair skin. He traced them with delicate precision.

The general practitioner completed their work and proceeded to bandage the wounds. The three friends conversed in small talk, waiting to be left alone.

"Why can't you be more careful?" Varun whispered softly as Shraddz left the room. He had a small, dejected smile on his usual joyful face. His tone of voice confused Shraddha.

"It was an accident. Heels are heels, you know? Stubborn in their nature," Shraddha observed his behaviour. She was a master at breaking his character into tangible pieces. It helped her to understand her best friend better. Sometimes he'll display a new trait after doing a movie or meeting new people, or culture. His psyche matures with time and experience. As they grew up together, she's witnessed all the stages of his becoming. Unbeknownst to Shraddha, she is an integral part of how he has flourished throughout the years of his life.

"Hm, heels. Let's burn them all," Varun jests, though sounding almost sincere. A calloused thumb rubbed an infinite sign on her right wrist. She traced his movement with diligence.