Chapter 5 *

"Happy birthday!" Alex exclaimed, jumping into her sisters room

Allison turned around and smiled at her sister "happy birthday to you too"

Alex gasped quietly, she pulled a box from behind her back "what's this?

"Alex. When did you find the time"

Allison tore open the rapping paper carefully. She lifted the lid of the box and inside was a picture of them from the previous summer and a ring Allison wanted to buy but never seemed to get around to buying.

She smiled happily and looked up at Alex "I love it."

"Good" Alex nodded

"I knew if I hinted enough you'd buy me the ring" Allison  joked, slipping it on.

"Wow" Alex laughed "That's what's  that was about"

"Em... yeah" Allison nodded, obviously. "Oh don't think I forgot. It's your birthday too"

"Oh? Is it?" Alex questioned, sending a teased smile her sisters way.

Alex opened the box that was handed to her, inside was a necklace with a locket; a picture of them took up the inside.

"This is perfect" alex smiled, she clipped the necklace on.

"So you think Scott will get you anything?" Alex asked, genuinely.

Allison looked down "Em.. that would be kind of hard considering he doesn't know"

Alex looked confused, "and why doesn't he know?" 

"Because I don't want him thinking what everyone else has" Allison admitted,

"I don't think Scott can think that much" alex poked, seeing a smile threaten her sisters face.

"What about you, you gonna tell stiles?" She asked, deflecting of course.

"Stiles and I aren't there yet" alex shrugged,

"Where's there? Friends can know about birthdays too" Allison pointed out,

Alex narrowed towards Allison, "you realise-..

"I know what I said" Allison cut in,

"Stiles and I are kinda moving slowly right now. I don't know, I don't wanna be the possessive girl who demands all this attention" alex explained,

"Good morning" Kate knocked, walking into Alison's room.

Alex barely looked at the woman. Kate was always the cool fun aunt that helped her sneak out or sneak someone in, suddenly she was shooting people.. shooting wolves.

"Hey. Listen, you know I feel totally horrible about my behavior the other night, right?"

When Alex had returned from what could only be described as the wildest night of her life - so far - she had heard Alison's version of that night which ended in people being accused and condoms being covers.