Reforged Alliances: A Broken Prophecy Story Chapter 22

This is a fanfic and I make no money from this. Original copyrights belong to Dreamworks and Cresedia Cowell

Chapter 22

The quiet sound of stone on metal echoes in the dark. Slumped in a corner, Thuggery draws the whetstone across his blade. The feeble light from a single candle dances across the walls and floor. "What am I going to do?" he asks aloud to no one in particular. A single green eye cracks open, Tannlaus lifts his head and offers a supportive croon.

"Sorry did i wake you?" The young man asks, setting his blade across his lap. Seeing the dragon just lying there silently watching him, Thuggery takes a deep breath. "We are about to go into battle... Gods... We are going to have to fight our parents!" His head hangs limply, "I can't fight my Dad... I mean, sure he is acting crazy... But he is still my Dad, you know?" Under the unwavering gaze of the dragon before him, Thuggery groans. "You're right... I need to do it now or never!"

"Do what?" The sound of Camicazi's voice at once calms and startles the former Meathead heir.

"Cami!" Jumping up to his feet, the sudden motion sends his sword clattering against the stones only to stop at her feet. "Sorry! I was just thinking..." His voice catches in his throat. Standing before him is a young woman he barely recognizes. Gone is the dirty leather and steel armor, gone are the heavy boots, replaced with a simple gown and sandals. Her long almost rats-nest hair of yellow is gone, replaced by golden waves cascading around her shoulders, framing her flawless face.

The normally bold and brash young girl stands almost shyly playing with a strand of her hair. "I didn't interrupt anything?"

"No! No... You didn't..." The scent of soap and heather fills his senses, without a thought, he finds his fingers lightly caressing her cheek before digging into the silky waves of gold. He looks into her eyes, "This isn't right... I should ask your parents..."

"In case you need to be reminded... We've both been cast out. I can make my own decisions now." Her hand mirrors his, lightly stroking the week worth of stubble on his jaw.

His gaze drifts to her forehead for only a second before once more focusing on her glittering blue orbs. "Your kranson is missing?"

"Hmm... Is it?" Her smile makes his heart flutter, "I don't know what may come, but I know I don't want to face death without..." Her words fail her, as she casts her eyes down.

Tipping her head back, Thuggery brushes his lips to hers. "I will go no further... Not until we speak to Stoick." Taking her hand, Thuggery nearly drags the unresisting girl to the great hall in his excitement.

****

Valka chuckles at the retreating figures. "How does it feel Stoick? Knowing you just made those two so happy."

The chief's massive hand gently supports his wife. "All I did was join them in marriage, on the eve of battle..."

"Ya' sell yourself short. Ya' also offered them a home here, and a place in the Haddock clan."

Those words cast a moment of contemplation from the Chief Hooligan. "But fur' how long?" With a sigh, "Val? Will I have yur' support?"

Confused she draws back, "Always... What is this about?"

"I've seen Spitelout's behavior the last many days, and I've heard what he says about Snotlout... Errr, Ember." Wiping his face with his hand, "I need ta' know if ya'll stand with me, if I hav'ta do somethin' drastic."