fin.

the sky still gave a hint of blue fading into black when mina arrived at the venue. truthfully, she had no other expectations for the night except for the promenade, which she helped organize, be a complete success. though she came a little bit late, the second game had already been over with and the third and last one as already taking place when she entered the shiny, sophisticated place. but the sight of everyone having fun was enough for her, and she too felt as if she was present to enjoy the first games this way.

she sat there, at the vacant table where she saw a plaque that accentuated her full name in cursive. as if the person who wrote it was from the 1800s.

"ms. myoui mina", it red.

everyone was in the center, having their fun, and mina believed none of them had noticed her yet. they seemed really preoccupied with the entertainment. but it was okay. her heart was full, just looking at them.

her bubble burst though when a tap on her shoulder snatched her awareness. mina's eyed widened a little, out of shock and of trying to adjust herself knowing she had to be ready to converse with someone.

she turned to the person, and seeing who it had been, she gave him the most nonchalant expression she could compose. seeing this expression which in his eyes still came off attractive and really, really disarming whenever it was mina who pulled it off, jungkook cackled. he pulled a chair and settled there comfortably. confused, mina glanced at the name written in the plaque next to hers.

"mr. jeon jungkook", the plaque announced.

"why are you here?" mina asked him.

"well, where else do you want me to be? at home? you want me to rot there while you guys are having the time of your lives here?"

the impish answer earned him a pinch on his arm. had it been another girl, it would not have hurt so bad, but it was mina, and mina always made sure he was miserable.

"no, dumb ass. i meant why aren't you joining them?" she nodded in the direction where the other students were clumped.

"because you're not there." he said casually, then he just watched the others thinking that mina was just watching, too.

but mina... mina was merely looking at the bunch of students making chaos in the center, because her thoughts were else where. her thoughts were on the man, sitting just next to her and was within her reach, but for some reason she could not find the courage to actually touch him. his all black attire she had seen on him a lot of times, because he barely had any clothes of other colors, but strangely enough, she never seemed to get sick of seeing him in this color. it was his, and he took her breath away every damn time. not to mention jungkook was a really beautiful man as well. his jawline, fairly defined as his chin, was the slope she longed to caress. she longed to feel the muscles in it tense as she touched him and maybe, just maybe, kissed him. but all of those had only ever really occurred in her mind. because all this time jungkook had always just treated her like a good friend, and as much as she did not want to admit it, she was afraid that was all she was to him.

mina began to regain her composure when the others started to return to their tables. taehyung, nayeon and exy were the ones who shared the same table with her and she was nothing but glad. they were one of the closest friends she had in the campus and having them on the same table on this special night just made it final: it was going to be a whole blast.

"minari!" nayeon squealed as soon as she laid eyes on the younger girl whose hair was up in a neat bun, though a few strands of her hair were left untouched, hiding her bare forehead from people's eyes. mina wore a white headdress, matching her white dress perfectly. the sight of the younger girl in such a get up was something nayeon did not know she would be so fond of. instead of sitting in her seat shortly, she made her way around to mina to give her a hug. "oh, you look really pretty tonight!"