5

5. Debates, Powerless, Silas

Caroline Forbes arrived at the Salvatore boarding house by midnight after receiving an urgent text from Bonnie.

Knocking against the wooden door caroline was greeted with a frightful Elena, who quickly ushered her into the building.

The house smelled of old candles, parchment paper, and aged Rum. Candles were lit in a circle around Bonnie, her brows furrowed and a concentrated look resting on her dark features. Damon and Stefan day bickering by the couch and Enzo was rubbing Bonnie's hand gently.

"What happened that you had to call me at," caroline checked her phone, "1:34 am!"

Elena sat down with caroline next to Enzo and Bonnie, "Silas appeared earlier, afterward Bonnie fainted and she hasn't been able to contact her ancestors of her magic since." Stefan explained, leaving Damon's side and taking a seat by the fireplace.

"Silas visited Klaus and I too," Caroline mumbled, her thumb caressing Bonnie's.

"What were you doing with Klaus?" Elena turned towards caroline with a suspicious look on her face

"He was helping me bury the witches." She sheepishly explained, biting her lip nervously.

"I'm in no place to judge your friends," Elena whispered in Caroline's ear, nodding her head at her own boyfriend Damon Salvatore, "just be careful."

Caroline smiled at her friend, nodding solemnly, "I will."

"It's no use. I've lost all my magic!" Bonnie squeezed her eyes shut and involuntarily leaned into Enzo.

Enzo and Bonnie had grown close over the past few months that Jermey cheated with Anna, causing the Gilbert and Bennett to break up. They grew so close in fact that Bonnie was starting to develop feelings. Little did she know Enzo was far past feelings, leaning more towards the love category.

"Looks like the only thing The Witch was useful for us now unavailable!" Damon said with a sigh, downing a glass of bourbon.

"Shut it." Caroline glared, "Bonnie I'm sure once the Silas mess is over you'll have your powers back,"

"I hope. Speaking of Silas we need to figure out what to do with the cure."

At this, a silence seemed to loom over them all.

"I think Rebekah should get it," Caroline said, shocking everyone in the room.

"Elena is getting it, end of the discussion," Damon demanded, Kissing Elena's hair. Everyone seemed to nod in agreement, much to the blondes dismay.

"We'll talk about it later...." Elena trailed off, her eyes looking anywhere but Damon.

"Well, my vote goes for me." A deep voice said, one caroline immediately recognized.

Silas.