three.

the blue-haired male flipped the shop's sign to open. thursday was their usual moderate day, meaning taehyung wasn't in a rush to serve any customers.

seujoon leaned against the counter, chuckling. "yesterday's customer gave you quite the headache, huh?"

taehyung's face heated. "yeah, um, it wasn't that big of a deal. i'm just not used to working with adults so it was surprising."

taehyung stood behind the cash register, waiting for people to come in. he glanced at the clock for the hundredth time. it wasn't even noon yet.

the room was quiet with the exception of the ticking of a clock. he looked behind himself to see his manager scrolling through his phone.

i should quit this damn job.

the doorbell rung, signaling that someone came in. taehyung straightened his posture so he wouldn't come off as tacky at first glance. his brain suddenly stuttered at the sight of the customers.

"o-oh," he voiced out.

a emotionless jungkook studied taehyung's face as he entered, along with two other men beside him. taehyung suddenly found interest in the ground.

please, please. not this again.

"good afternoon," the deep voice spoke. it had a rich, silky tone. taehyung's mask covered half his face, but he still forced a smile. "uh, hi. welcome to froyo's sweet delight."

jungkook mindlessly rolled up his sleeves, studying the variety of flavors the shop provided. taehyung gazed at his arms.

the tall male's arms were covered with ink. it was obvious that certain tattoos held genuine meaning, while others were just done for pure entertainment.

"kook, i think he likes the view," the boy to jungkook's left remarked.

"w-wait, what?" taehyung rubbed his shoulder awkwardly out of instinct. jungkook chuckled. "well, you gonna take my order, or what?"

taehyung took the orders of all three men. unsurprisingly, it took more than fifteen minutes to serve them because his hands were shaking uncontrollably. jungkook staring at his ass didn't help at all, either.

"number thirty-one!" taehyung announced. jungkook rose up from his seat and retrieved the neon green bag. taehyung forced a smile yet again at him. "thank you for your service!"

jungkook handed taehyung his credit card to purchase the yogurt. "hey, let's play a game."

"okay." the blue-haired male nodded. he had no idea why, but he submitted.

"i bet my number sounds nicer than yours. wanna hear it?"

taehyung's mask muffled his gasp. "oh, no-"

jungkook slid a small sheet of paper across the counter. "i expect a text by tonight. don't let me down, sweetheart."

before taehyung could protest, the tall male and his two companions left the shop.

"you've gotta be kidding me," taehyung breathed out in distress.

the two others dudes didn't even get their fucking froyo???

a laugh flew through seujoon's thin lips. he watched the whole scenario go down, & seeing taehyung awkwardly serve customers was the highlight of his year.

taehyung sarcastically giggled back at his manager. "haha, laugh, funny." he crumbled up the sheet of paper & threw it in the trash bin. yeah, that's done with.

for the next three hours, taehyung spent time cleaning the small shop & serving the occasional customers who came in. there was a calmness to cleaning for taehyung when he heard the soft sound of the broom as it swept, or feeling the furniture glide over the wooden floor. it released him of so much stress.

seujoon discreetly watched his employee work harder than usual. "tae, you're off. it's been a slow day, so just go ahead & leave."

taehyung stood still & let the happiness soak into his bones. "thank you so much, boss!" he put the cleaning supplies away and headed for the exit.

it started confusing him on why seujoon stood beside the door, but he barely paid any mind to it.

taehyung's arm was held back by seujoon before he departed from the shop. "taehyung, wait."

he dug quickly in his pocket & handed taehyung the piece of paper he had thrown away earlier.

the small male groaned at his boss in response. nah, because we really ain't doing this. not today.

"seujoon, no—"

seujoon directed his gaze on taehyung.

"take the chance, son."