Chapter 4

Walking down the street to their usual bus stop, the sun started setting, making the sky turn from a pale blue to pink, yellow, and bright orange. Zane was always fascinated with how the sky changed colors during the day and gasped at the beautiful painted canvas stretching across the heavens.

He turned to Roxanne who wasn't quite paying attention to the sky and said, "Look! Look how the sky blushes as it turns to night, how the bright colors light up the heavens like fireworks."
Roxanne turned her head slightly and gave him a funny stare, "You're no robot, that's for sure, you're a poet!"

Zane beamed, "I come by it honest. I don't know why, but I do!"

"You never cease to amaze me Zane."

Suddenly, a bright red hover car drove up beside them and the tinted widows rolled down. It was Aero!

"'Sup guys!" he called out to the duo.
Zane waved and Roxanne answered, "Hey, what're you doing here? I thought you worked on Fridays?"

Aero shrugged casually, "Meh, I decided to close early today and ride around a bit."

Typical Aero, so laid-back and mellow that it made Roxanne envious of his calm, cool nature.

The back tinted window suddenly rolled down revealing the two redheads smiling their Cheshire like grins.
Sebastian spoke up first, "So, what are you two doing out here so late?"

Before Roxanne could make a snarky reply, Zane answered happily, "We're going to a party at the Quill Robotics Institute!"

The twins' eyes sparkled with excitement, "Ooooo," they both said in usion, "Can we come too?"

Roxanne groaned inwardly, Zane made an awkward smile.

"It'd be cool to go to the Robotics Institute," Aero said, then glanced back sternly at his younger siblings, "But we shouldn't intrude."

"Oh, you aren't intruding," Zane reassured him.

Roxanne whipped her head towards him and stared at him like he had grown two heads.

What? he mouthed to her, but Roxanne just rolled her dark blue eyes and let it slide.

"Great! You wanna ride with us?" Aero invited.

"We don't wanna intrude," Roxanne muttered sarcastically under her breath.

"What?" Aero asked, cocking a suspicious eyebrow.

Roxanne flinched, she forgot that he had excellent hearing.

"N-nothing," she stuttered quickly, "Let's go."

On the way to the party, Zane was talking to the twins in the back and Roxanne was quietly sitting up front with Aero. Thinking to herself she thought of possible reasons why she was invited to the gala.

Maybe they noticed my dad's work from years ago on robots and probably saw that I might have some potential?

Then another thought entered her mind, That's impossible, he worked in a small corporation and he never introduced the 013 design to any institute.

Whatever the reason was, she'll know soon enough.
She looked over at Aero and realized that he was still wearing his work clothes.

"Um, are you sure you wanna go to the party like that?" she asked him.

He glanced over at her and gave his usual shrug, "I'm not really into dressing up, besides I'm only the chauffeur on this trip."

"What about your brothers?"