Origin.

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

***

Ill start telling you my story

its a little weird Ill say,

but don't get scared

spirits know how to behave

***

Everybody talks about life and how is all about looking for happiness. We always want more without thinking that what we have is enough. Our minds most of the time cause us all the pain. Humans over think to much , and most of the time we think the worst without looking for the good.

Me , well lets just say that while time passes I learn more as we all do. All I really want is to seek for something different and find a meaning in life.

Some of life's greatest treasures are hidden or are hard to find. But isn't that the point of it all? to fight for the things you want.

Even if we try to deny it , we all want to be in a different place once in a while. We all want greatness without having no pain.

I'm just here hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Sometimes I think is better to live without caring about the world and letting things happen by its own.

Our government try's to deny so many thing that may be an impact for human life only because they think we are not ready for it. Or at least that the way I see it.

Everybody says that people get judge for no reason , well in my world their is this problems called 'the chosen ones'. To make things easier lets just say the chosen ones are persons that have special gifts.

Me? I got no idea what am I or even who I am. They say I'm chosen but I cant find any special gift so I hang out with the normal's. The people with special gifts usually don't like being with the normal's because they think their to much for us. They have invited me to hang with them , because they heard I'm one of them , but its better staying normal right now.

The people who know about the gifted ones and wish to be like them but think its impossible to get their greatness . Some only think their parts of a myth or something, but I know about it because my family was one of the deal makers of being gifted. You can say it was like a deal with the devil but in real life what they say that happen is that my family found "The Granted Lake".

The Granted Lake is this legend that we have in this town about a lake that its hidden an only my great-great-grandfather found it with a group of friends an granted a wish or something like that.

One of the my objectives in this life has to be to find the lake and see it by myself . The hardest part of it will be locating it. My family has a part of the puzzle that work as a map.

Who has the other part you may ask? The other families of course.

But nobody wants to ask the others for their pieces.They don't even want to work together just because they want the magic for themselves.

Is stupid if you think about it and thats were the name of the chosen ones comes. I know only three families with different gifts that are :

-Johnson's

-Hunter's

-Parker's

I think that obviously the 3 families are not the only ones that know about the Granted Lake because weird things happen in this town.

People all around say they will search for the lake and get money when they do.But words are not important, what really matters are the actions.

And because of all that , Im sneaking out to see what life has granted me. Now that school is in recess and my family is to busy counting money or doing some stupid thing its easier.

But things are gonna change in this town and maybe I will be as bright as my eyes , like gram said before she died. Riley Johnson , the girl with the bright eyes and bright thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hii , thanks for reading my first chapter. The story is mine completely and most of the times there gonna be short poems at the beginning and are also mine. 😬

Riley Johnson is played by Kaya Scodelario (photo in the top)

hope you guys like it

-Paulina