City of Love and Kicks

Oliver's plans for a day in Paris go awry

In the course of two months a lot had transpired since Oliver and Katie left Starling. They overcame the perils of the first trimester, and were now tackling the second which both agreed was far more easier. This was when Oliver really decided to do as much as he could to get Katie to once again trust him and to some how get back to where they were. That's how they ended up here. Paris, France. The city of love, which Oliver hoped would help his efforts.

The man stood on the balcony of their room, looking out the cityscape, the Eiffel Tower which he sure will look better tonight. He had it all planned. They would do some site seeing during the day and then he would surprise her with a nice dinner when they return.

"Son of a bitch!" Oliver was swiftly torn from his thoughts before turning and heading back into their room. The man headed to Katie's bedroom, still a bit disappointed that at this point they still were in separate bedrooms. He was glad that she agreed to the double room so he wasn't too far from her just in case something happened. He walked over to her door, about to walk in, but he stopped and knocked first.

"Is everything alright?" he asked and he heard her groan from the other side. "Twinkie?"

"I'm fine, I'm just not happy at the moment." she replied.

"Can I come in?"

"I would rather you not, I'm a mess right now."

"Maybe I can help."

"You can't, just go away." Oliver let out a sigh, knowing he should probably follow her wishes, but for the life of him he just couldn't. He couldn't just walk away after hearing how upset she sounded. And so he grabs the door knob, and walks into her room to find her standing in front of her mirror. When she turns to him, he notices the button on her pants is gone. "These were my last pair of skinny pants! My last pair." the man fights to keep the smile from his face as his eyes look down to her belly that seems to be growing everyday, poking over her pants. "This is not funny!"

"I didn't say it was." Oliver replied with holding up his hands. "It's just, Twinkie you're pregnant. You knew at some point you were going to get-" he stopped because the glare on her face only got darker.

"Say it. I dare you to say it."

"You know what I will say it. Bigger." she groaned turning back to the mirror and lifting her shirt looking down to her round belly. "Twinkie, that's how this works. You being the medical professional know that better than anyone." The man walked over to stand behind her, still smiling down to her belly. "Babies grow, and your body has to grow with them."

"I'm turning back into chubby Twinkie." Katie groaned before turning and stalking into the bathroom. That's something that hasn't changed. The woman went through multiple emotions and Oliver was just trying to keep up.

"Twinkie." the man said walking over to the bathroom door. "You're the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

"You're lying!"

"I promise that I'm not. It's true. You're beautiful, and you're sexy, more now then I-" the man let out a sigh as he dropped his head to the door. He missed being with her, being able to touch her, but he knew the road back to their lives would be long. "You have no idea how glad I will be when I can just touch you again." the man lifted his head to the door, but the woman didn't say anything. "Twinkie?" the woman pulled open the door, and she gave the man a smile. "Feel better?"

"A little." she replied before walking back out and heading over to the closet. "Now I have to go shopping, and I hate shopping."

"It shouldn't take us long to find you some clothes." Oliver said and Katie turned to him. "What?"