Chapter 20

It seems the plot might start picking up from here...or maybe not. You never know.
______________________________________

        Years ago when Gold had protected Silver from Mewtwo and failed in the process, a certain legendary pokémon had come to his aide after he'd given up all hope. Mewtwo was about to kill him and Silver could not defend himself without a pokémon able to battle. He'd thought for sure that he would die since Mewtwo had seemed so fixated on ending his life. That was when the mysterious occurrence happened.

        Silver hardly remembered how it happened, but he was sure that Mew had saved him from Mewtwo. By the time his father had gotten to the scene, Mew had disappeared leaving Mewtwo confused enough to allow Giovanni to get Silver to safety, far away from the facility. It wasn't until after Silver had started his solo journey that Mew visited him.

        He gave the rare pokémon his gratitude and in return, Mew gave him the promise of friendship. After that day, Silver hadn't expected to actually see Mew ever again, yet here the pokémon was floating happily in fromt of him. "You are precious to Mew. Mew will protect you," the legendary communicated, enjoying the affection.

        "You had this card up your sleeve all this time huh. You're one lucky guy. Anyone else in your situation would have lost everything by now," Gold said. Silver paid Gold's commentary no mind. He was actually very ecstatic to see Mew once again. Not only that, but the pokémon had saved Gold's life and healed everyone else in the proximity.

        "Silver..." he heard (y/n) softly call. She carefully approached them, but she wasn't afraid of Mew. If anything, she was afraid to ruin Silver's positive change in mood. He couldn't blame her for being hesitant to approach. "(Y/n) is Silver's friend. (Y/n) has taken good care of Mew's friend. Reward?" Mew spoke through telepathy with a head tilt. The pokémon's telepathic speech seemed like a small child's thoughts. It was adorable to witness such a strong pokémon display such a quality.

        "No, I don't want a reward. I'm just glad you helped us. Thank you," (y/n) said. Reshiram was recovered now and the blizzards had practically vanished. Their goal was just ahead of them. Then they'd be free to come up with a plan to stop both Green and Mewtwo. "Mew, have you been watching over me all this time?" Silver asked. He was simply curious.

        Mew gave him a sad look. "Mew did not check on you a lot. But everything is okay. Mew will fix everything." The legendary pokémon was pretty determined to help them or stop the source of their delimas. "You never told me you were driends with Mew," Gold muttered. He was still dwelling on that fact, and it made sense as to why. Very few people knew of Mew's existence and even fewer have so much as seen Mew, yet Silver was friends with the legendary pokémon.

        "Hey, you guys, is your friend okay?" Crystal asked as she approached them. She was referring to Red who seemed to be the only one that wasn't happy to see Mew. In fact, he seemed scared. Silver didn't need special powers to be able to tell. Mew noticed Red's fear and hid behind Silver as Red stood frozen at the endge of the crater. "What happened between you two?" Silver wondered.

        "Powerful trainer. Mew used lots of power to escape, but it was too much," Mew explained. Everyone stared at Red in surprise, all of them thinking the same thing. "You're strong enough to take on New in a battle?!" Crystal exclaimed, expressing the thought that everyone seemed to have. Instead of answering, Red took a step back as if he wanted to run. Apparently, the fight had been a scarring experience for both sides.

        "Red, could you show us to your home? I'm not sure why you and Mew don't get along, but we can't stay put here forever. The snow is starting to come back and it'll get cold soon," Gold said. Red nodded although he hadn't calmed down much at all. His fight with Mew must have been intense for him to ne acting that way.

        He avoided crossing the crater knowing that Mew was there with them, and went around instead. He clearly knew something about Mew that Silver didn't, and that somewhat bothered him. "Let's go. The weather is only going to get worse the longer we stay out here," Gold spoke before following after Red. The situation had been resolved, but Silver couldn't help but be bothered by the off details.

        Gold was acting as if he hadn't nearly just died. Not only that, but he had said something that Silver wanted to ask him about. Red was afraid of Mew yet didn't back down from Mewtwo who was a much harsher pokémon. That within itself was an issue that grew Silver's concern. Then there was Crystal who was oddly calm about the situation now. Maybe she was just handling it all well, but Silver thought that she would have had another rant about how sour their situation really was. Even with Mew present, they were still stuck at the top of Mt. Silver.

        "Hey, don't start all of that worrying again. You were just smiling a short time ago," (y/n) said as she took his hand. Crystal and Reshiram had gone ahead with Red and Gold. That left Silver and Mew with (y/n), and Silver could tell that his worry was causing harm. "I'm sorry. I was just thinking about some things. Don't worry, I'm fine," Silver reassured. His words seemed to ease her mind, so they started to catch up to the others.

        Red was able to quickly lead them all to his home without any problems thanks to the lack of freshly falling snow. Reshiram's heat had cleared most of it during the earlier battle. Mew had remained near Silver all the while, so there was no conflict involving the pokémon and Red. Silver was just glad that the two of them were able to at least coexist in the same area. He didn't know happened between them other than the fight New had described, but it must have been serious for Red to act the way he did.

        "Whoa, this place is amazing!" Gold could be heard saying. Silver saw why when he entered the cave himself. It was as if someone had moved an actual home into the cave. It was only one large room, but it was a very liveable space with actual furniture in certain areas. "Red, you did all of this?" Silver asked as he looked on in awe. Red gave the hand sign for kinda sorta as he hid his embarrassment behind the shadow of his hat.

        "This is the coolest hideout ever. No wonder you're so awesome," Gold said with a thumbs up. The place was rather impressive indeed, but Silver was more surprised by how Red got everything to fit so perfectly in the cave. A bed, a table, a fire pit, and other things that Silver didn't expect to find in a cave.

        "Well, we're all safe here. I think we should all take a seat and talk things out. We have a lot to deal with now that our lives aren't in immediate danger," (y/n) announced. "Besides, I've got some important information from my brother. He was able to send a message to me while Mewtwo was nearby," she added.

        "Your brother? You mean N? Isn't he our enemy? How in the world did he send you a message if he isn't here?" Crystal inquired. They were all valid questions, and not a single trace of her usual attitude was added when she spoke. "You're not under Mewtwo's control right? Please tell me you're not. That would be terrifying," Gold said. He was correct, but Silver knew that there was nothing wrong with (y/n). He would have certainly noticed.

        "Of course not. I'm me, I promise. But that has something to do with what I need to tell you guys," (y/n) quickly said to deny the claim. "Well, we've got the rest of this day. Go ahead and tell us what you know. The sooner we figure this out, the faster we can get out of this mess and go home," Crystal said. Nothing about what she said was wrong at all. It was the simple fact that she wasn't quite the same as usual.

        "Wait, not yet. There's something I meed to ask first," Silver said. He was willing to risk asking this now that they were relatively safe. "When did you lose yourself to Mewtwo's control...Crystal?" he questioned. He wasn't sure if that waa the case, but after Gold nearly died, she was suddebly very rational and didn't say a single out of place comment as she usually would. There waa no answer from her, but everyone was suddenly put on edge when she smirked.
______________________________________

Ending one conflict only to bring another with more mysteries. Quite strange huh. Welp, until next time you remarkable readers!