CH. 19

A huge explosion was generated from the spell that hit Ravenna and Zaltino. The arena was covered in dark smoke, expanding to the whole place. As the smoke cleared, a shield made up of arcane energy was seen. Awe and surprise can be seen from the two proctors. Ravenna used a simple "Barrier" spell and added a new transmutation spell "Insulated Surface" to fend of Aisha's Lightning Bolt.

"Wow, you blocked a mid tier spell with a basic one. Good job, kid." Marshall said while figuring out how did a young girl blocked Aisha's Spell. "This girl has a mastery of her basic spells. She's good." he thought. Marshall look at Aisha and gave her a signal saying "Let's try to increase the difficulty, Aisha." He wants to know the capabilities of these two.

Aisha nodded in response but then she suddenly noticed something. "Where's the other guy?" Aisha said in panic, quickly scanning the area for Zaltino. Marshall felt it, he knows where he is.

"Above us!" He shouted

"Quicksand." Ravenna activated her transmutation spell in the area of the two proctors, turning the place they are standing into a quicksand. This hindered the two movement of protectors.  

"Side step!"

"Blink!"

"Ooooh..." Ravenna said with interest. These special skills and abilities are new to the game.

The two proctors managed to get out of Ravenna's quicksand by using their special skills that makes it easier for them to move. These special skills vary from one person to another. It is said that special skills reflect the mastery of the user's potential. It is somewhat related to the abilities of Ravenna, and the abilities of Demon Lords Felicia's [Seductress Bastet] and Ashtir [Chaos Apophis]. The main difference is that the special abilities are made up of system of skills.

Zaltino landed on the ground with his sword plunged into the ground. "Flame Wall!" Zaltino clasped her hands on to the ground and wall of flames came circling around him and the two proctors. The circular of flame became smaller and smaller, burning the ground where it is standing. "Oooh! I have a counterspell for that."

"Frost Wind!" As Aisha shouted, the flames  suddenly diminished. The atmosphere became chilly and cold winds xame rushing down.

Marshall, with his sword ready, sprinted to Zaltino. They are planning to distract Zaltino so Aisha can focus on breaking down Ravennna's defense. Aisha's sword glowed as she charged her rapier with energy.

"Boost Speed. Sylvian Wind Boost." In a second, Aisha came running towards Ravenna. "Pierce!" She activated her skill and penetrated her Barrier Spell, leaving her rapier pointed to Ravenna's face.

In the other side, Zaltino and Marshall is exchanging swords. As Zaltino saw Ravenna's position, he let his hand slip and Marshall managed to disarm Zaltino.

"We yield.." Ravenna and Zatino said at the same time. Everyone started sheating their weapons and come together.

"Whooo! That was quite a fight!" Aisha said in delight. "That was amazing. Right, Marshall?" Marshall replied with a blank stare and a light nod.

"Congratulations! I have no doubt that you have pass the test!" Aisha told Ravenna and Zaltino in glee. "You are amazing for a beginner. I would say you would rank as a D-Class Adventurers righr now. I never felt that thrill before against newbie adventurers."

"And those abjuration spells were so refined and mastered. I could really tell thats's your specialty. Your transmutation spells are also... unique." Marshall said eyeing Ravenna. "You will be a talented rearguard adventurer."