The Little girl who was forgotten by abosolutley everyone

(Originall done by Tim Jones and Katy Towell)

Once upon a time, there was a little girl—no—no that can’t be right. This wasn’t just any little girl; however this isn’t just some story. This is about a girl named Emily, who lived in a town that never existed, at least, not anymore.

Emily was three, the only child in her family.  She had everything a child could want and she had everything a child could need, but her only problem was that she had been forgotten by absolutely everyone. Even the postman had forgotten her.

Mommy and daddy were always busy with the problems of the day and poor little Emily was always left alone.

There were no friends for her to play with, there were no bedtime stories, and there was only a cold lifeless mountain of toys that couldn’t comfort her protect her from the monsters  that lay waiting in her dark closet when she went to bed or more importantly, love her  back.

          Emily tried her best to be a good little girl, and sometimes, she tried her best to be a not such a good little girl. But still she appeared to be invisible to absolutely everyone.

One night Emily stood at her window and gazed up at the stars, admiring there brilliance and beauty, until she gazed up at one particular star, the star shined and sparkled down at her. Little Emily even wondered if it was a star at all and not an angel up past his bed time.

Emily then remembered a little nursery rhyme about such stars that’s could grant wishes and if anybody had a wish, it would be Emily.

She closed her eyes and wished and wished and wished. Emily wished for a friend; a friend to play with her and help her reach for tall things and chase away the monsters that hid in her closet and would never, never ever leave.

Few children have ever made a wish as hard as Emily had, and with that kind of power, a wish like that can surely come true.

She begged, “Pleeeeaase, pleeeeeeaaaase.”

And at the exact stroke of midnight or a few minutes before, depending on the clock, Emily’s wish came true.

          Oh he was a delightful friend. They drew pretty pictures together, had tea parties and even built pillow forts together.

Emily decided to name her new friends, Mr. Greecil because it sounded and he was her special secret.

Mr. Greecil was great fun for a while, but after a time, it seemed there was something missing.

He was certainly the best friend she had ever had, but that was only because she wanted him to be. He had done everything she asked and only did it when she asked him to. He couldn’t even love her one his own.

This idea made Emily very sad. Then came the sound of cheering from the parlor; Emily heard one of the maids come up the stairs and into Emily’s room and then came the news.