Back to where it all started

The chilly month of September rolled around quicker than both men expected. Harry wanted to go on the Hogwarts Express for old times sake, but Draco was very adamant that it was stupid and that 'The kids will swarm our compartment!". But, with some kisses and a promise to let Draco do his infamous Malfoy Glare at any kid who came near their compartment to be a nuisance (in Draco's opinion) they were on the train.

It felt weird to be back on the train, Harry hadn't missed the train sickness though. And right now he felt as though the train was going faster than it used to.
"I did say we shouldn't have got the train. But you insisted on it, so don't expect any help from me." Draco smirked at Harry, who was trying to cuddle up to Draco's side. It was proving increasingly difficult for Draco to reject Harry's wishes to cuddle him though.
"You still gave in to me though. Now can you please stop being an ass and cuddle me?" Harry whined, he was feeling sicker and just wanted to be looked after. Draco sighed, trying to stop a smile from appearing on his face.
"Fine," he dragged out the word "But only because you asked so nicely!" Draco lifted up the arm rest and pulled Harry closer to him, letting him rest his head on the blondes shoulder. Harry closed his eyes and moved impossibly closer into Draco's side.

At some point they both fell asleep, and were awoken to a loud banging on their compartment door. Harry rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and slowly got out of Draco's arms that were holding him tightly. He opened the door to see a group of students in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw robes standing outside.
"Can I help you?" Harry asked looking between them all. They all were holding trunks, and that's when it hit Harry.
"SHI- ship. I meant ship, now thank you all for waking me up. Really, so uhhh...10 points to your house per kid?" Harry fumbled over his words and heard a snicker from behind him. His head whipped around to see Draco pulling both their trunks down from the top cabinet.
"You're still not very good at talking, Potter." Draco teased him. The students stayed silent by the door, and Harry seemed to have forgotten about anyone but Draco after looking at him. He pushed the door to close it, but one of the Ravenclaw students put their foot there before it closed completely. All the children moved closer to the door to see what was going on. Although they most likely wished they didn't.

Harry moved closer to Draco and put his arms on the taller boys waist.
"You're not very good at talking after having your brains fucked out so you can shut up." Harry said, smirking up at Draco. Malfoy looked past Harry and that's when he noticed the children who looked mortified.
"Seems we have company..," Draco said through gritted teeth, reluctantly removing Harry's arms from around his waist.
"Whatever points Professor. Potter gave you will be deducted if you say about this to anyone!" Draco threatened and the students all nodded meekly and walked away. But Harry heard them all laugh when they thought they were out of earshot.
"We should probably go, the feast starts in two hours and we should set up our offices and classrooms." Harry trailed on, blushing still out of embarrassment. Draco only nodded and grabbed both of their trunks that had all their supplies and clothes in them. Perks of extension charms. He shrunk them down and put both in his coat pocket, before putting his hand on the small of Harry's back and guiding him out of the train. Thank god the train doesn't move until everyone is off...

The group that had come to wake the two men up hadn't listened to Draco's warning. And by the time all the first years had been sorted, al houses knew. At any laugh from the two new Professors several heads would whip their way, and Draco was beginning to get annoyed. Harry found it rather funny, because he knew full well that Draco's first class tomorrow was Gryffindor. And from Harry's time as a Gryffindor student, he knew that if something happens with a teacher the Gryffindors will tease the Professor relentlessly. It's surprising that half the Hogwarts teachers didn't quit when he was there! When Harry laughed at a joke Draco made, and the students looked at the table for the one-hundredth time that meal Draco opened his mouth to probably shout profanities as the students. The only thing that stopped him was Harry placing a hand on Draco's thigh, very close to a specific area. Draco quickly became almost silent after that, and the students at the end of the Hufflepuff table, which was closest to Harry and Draco made "sneaky" attempts to look under the staff table.

The plates were ridden of food and the goblets were emptied with a quick swish of McGonagall's wand. She stood up and cleared her throat, an almost silent act in the loud hall that somehow got everyone's attention.
"As many of you may have already seen, this year we have two new professors! Please welcome Professors Potter and Malfoy. Mr.Malfoy will be your new potions master and Mr.Potter will be the new Defence teacher. I hope you all give them a very warm Hogwarts welcome! Now, first years will be shown to the appropriate dorms by their house prefect," Harry tuned out The Headmistress' warnings on the Forbidden Forest and rules.

Harry and Draco had separate living quarters, but Draco moved his stuff up to Harry's room. The dungeons were far too cold anyway, and Draco knew that he wouldn't spend any time away from Harry when he needn't not to. Draco exited the bathroom that was attached to their room,
"Do you feel weird being back here?" He asked, looking over at Harry whom was reading a book on the king size bed.
"I don't feel weird as in out of place. Just weird to be back. This is where it all started between us. The rivalry and the love." Harry smiled, and Draco smiled too.

Yeah, Harry could get used to being back. Especially with Draco there.

The end.

IM KIDDING. But the end is near sadly
:( I've loved writing this story and I shall also give recommendations for other books that I literally love.

If you like the Professor AU then Friendly Competition is a great fanfic. I've read it like 4 times 😂

7 steps- Dorothyanndrarry

Lace- Dorothyanndrarry

Bullies unravel- Clevermess

Opportunity knocks- Clevermess (sequel to Bullies Unravel)