Strong

Strong ...

I woke up one morning to a call that changed my life . I will never go back to how my life was the day before . In just one moment everything your life can change .

The day before I was just a normal eighteen year old girl dealing with boys , parties , and high school . Today I face the fact that my father has been in a car wreck coming back from a business trip . The hospital said that things are bad and suggest the we get there . All my life it has just been my dad , my little brother , and I . Me and Joseph are on our way to see our father . I am trying to hold back the tears , I am trying to be strong for Joseph . Right now I can't be the selfish teenage girl I was , I have to be the strong mom figure to my little brother . He needs her and I am all he's got .

We get to the hospital , I go to my fathers room to see him laying there crumpled and broken . Joseph runs over to him crying . " Stay strong Renee . " I tell myself . But in a matter of seconds I am in the same condition my brother is . As we cry ...I feel my fathers arms wrap around us . " It's okay " he says " I will never leave you . How could you guys go on with out me ? " he chuckles . Joseph climbs in bed with him , and I lay my head down on the bed and cry myself to sleep .

The next couple of days are hard ... My dad condition is gets worse each day . The doctors don't expect him to go one much longer . Finally the day comes when he gives in to Gods intentions . Leaving me and my brother behind .

I know things will be hard at first , I will have to deal with my life , but before my dad died he said to me " Renee , I know this isn't fair to you or your brother ... But God needs me now . I know you are a strong young women . You will morn me ... But you will get though it it's life . There is one lesson I have learned ... It Is to move on . Move on from what was , and look forward to what will be . I know things will plan out for you and your brother in the future . I promise you I will always be with you ... Every step

Of the way . "

And he is ... 😊