Untitled Part 1

Till Death Do Us Part

This is a one shot story about a man who had a girlfriend he loved very deeply, that even after his loved one’s tragic death, his undying love for her never faded.

I am Jonathan Garcia. I’m a church volunteer and I’ve been doing charity stuffs for so many years. I also am a member of many church organizations. I am currently here at the hospital. I was asked by our parish priest to give communion to those who can no longer attend the mass.

Ever since she died, I just engaged myself in serving God. I never bothered having another partner. I don’t want to marry someone when I know to myself that she’s still the one. She died in a plane crash years ago. Her body was missing and nobody ever found her. So every week, I write a prayer and a letter for her. I always tie it up with a balloon so it would carry way up high to heaven. I know it’s actually childish but….I don’t know. I just do it, until now. I was burdened by the fact that I never got to marry the one I love.

Anyway, like I said, I’m here at the hospital. I came here for them to receive Jesus. As I was passing by the nurses’ station, I heard them talking about a patient in private room.

“Uhm, please bring this medicine to private room II”

“Ok.”

“Hmm, you know, I’m amazed by that patient. Her illness is pretty serious, yet, she bares for almost many weeks, which she may have died 2 weeks ago. ”

“Eeh, really? Doesn’t she want to turn off her switch? I’m sure she’s suffering a lot.”

“That’s what I asked her. But she just replied, “No. God’s will.””

I just smiled upon hearing the conversation. So that’s why. When I dropped by at that room a while ago and gave her communion, she smiled, looked up, closed her eyes and a teardrop fell from her eyes. That old woman looks so skinny and weak. Her skin was already gnarled. Her face was so familiar though.

When I headed to back to the church, I just kept the excess host to the tabernacle and went straight to the gate to go home. But there’s one question I heard that made me turn my way back.

“So, did you see her?”

“Father? W-what do you mean?”

Father Eugene just smile went back to the convent. He waved his hand signaling me to follow him. Curious and bothered, I followed him inside the convent. He offered me a seat and started talking again.

“Last Friday, when I came there to anoint one of the patients, I happened to pass by one of the rooms there. I saw an old woman crying while reading a letter.”

“So….what happened next?”

***Flashback***

(Father Eugene’s POV)

(A/n: this POV of father Eugene is what he’s telling to Jonathan. After this flashback, the story will be back to Jonathan’s point of view. ^^)

I asked her,

“Can I enter?”

She just nodded as an answer.

“Is everything alright? W-why are are crying? You can tell me if you want.”

But she didn’t answer. I waited for a few minutes, but still, no response from her.

“Well, I understand if you don’t want to talk about it. Bye. God Bless!”

I was about to step outside the door when suddenly………

“Father! WAIT!”