Serenade

I knew I could sing relatively well so maybe I could ask Ty to go out with me with a serenade. I was walking home thinking this when Mitch leapt out of the brush line almost slamming into me. I yelped barely dodging him. I thought he'd leapt from the brush line but as he collided with the ground I saw he hadn't. He'd tripped and soon Jerome followed tripping and landing on Mitch. I backed up as Mitch tossed his friend off of him with a laugh. I saw the hurt flash in Jerome's eyes and I suddenly felt bad for the morpher. Jerome had a really bad crush on Mitch but Mitch wasn't into guys. He was straight as an arrow so to speak.
"What were you even trying to do to me Jerome?"
"N-n-nothing~"
With that Jerome stood and fled tears streaking down his cheeks. Mitch watched him sadly go. He looked so confused.
"What happened?"
I sat next to Mitch. Mitch looked at the ground. He messed with the seam of his jeans.
"Me and Jerome were messing around in the woods and he pinned me against a tree. I got scared and fled hence why I almost tackled you. I think he was...trying to kiss me"
"Jerome loves you Mitch more than a friend but like a lover he's told most of us. You of course were excluded. He's always been nervous since you were straight"
"I'm bisexual actually I just I mean you guys would find me strange if I checked out other guys in front of you I mean you have really nice hips but Jerome well...Jerome's my type of guy"
"You should go talk to him. He probably feels stupid so I'll see you later I need to go dig my guitar out of my room"
"What are you going to do?"
"You know Ty from school right"
"Mm hmm the really nice gay guy"
"Yeah well he likes me and I like him so I'm going to take him for a walk. I'll ask him out through serenade"
"That's a great idea Adam you have fun with that"
With that last word we went out separate ways. Both of us were determined to ask out our crushes. We might succeed or we might fail.