chapter seven, you make me feel things

One of my fears was to wake up alone again. I was terrified of the fact that I might wake up alone. I didn't want to feel the emptiness that came with waking up alone. I no longer wanted to feel cold again, I woke up too many nights feeling cold and empty and I would no go back to feeling like that again. After being alone for so long, it was nice to finally be in his arms again. It was nice to not be alone anymore. It was nice to know someone was with me when I slept, to help fight off the nightmares, someone that made me feel so comfortable.

When I opened eyes, Inuyasha was still by my side. We had fallen alseep together, under the tree, and now the morning sun was shining down on to us and the birds were happily chirping, it was almost as if they knew I was happy and they were happy too. It was nice to wake up under the sun again, on the ground, with the chatter of many happy animals and the sound of villagers were working and talking in the distance. I didn't feel so alone anymore. It was so different than waking up in the dark of my room, surrounded by nothing but my sadness.

For the first time in a long time, I woke up with a smile on my face. I look down at Inuyasha and he was soundly asleep. I studied the curves and the dips of his face a hundered time before but this time he looked so peaceful. He looked so peaceful and I smiled down at him. He was laying beside me, I was still tucked closely to his side. Inuyasha's silver hair was sprawled over his face and his face was flushed with a pinkiness. His lips were parted a bit and little snores were escaping his mouth. I thought he looked beautiful, in a manly sort of way. He was the most gorgeous man I have ever laid eyes on and I don't think anyone could compare to him.

"Kagome," Inuyasha mumbled, he patted the area around for him, searching for my body. I had moved away from him a bit so I could stare down at him more clearly. My heart seemed to begin beating faster and I was happy at the thought of him thinking of me. I was over the moon. His face was screwed up with confusing and it replaced his look of peacefulness. His eyes suddenlt popped open. I was sat up and was staring down at his face, I must looked have looked crazy to him, like I had been watching for awhile. He looked up at me with a sleepy confused face. I loved his beautiful golden eyes. I had to look away from him to hide the tint on my cheeks, my face felt hot.

"Morning." I mumbled to him, finding the courage to look back into his golden eyes. I missed looking at them while he had them closed. He sat up beside me, and very closely if I might add. I felt as if he was letting himself be close to me and finally accepted his feeling that he had towards me and that's all I had ever wanted. That's all I wanted from Inuyasha. "How'd you sleep?" I ask, slightly leaning into his side, it felt so natural to be this close to him. I wanted to be by his side for as long as I existed on this earth.

"I slept surprisingly well." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. He stretched his arms out and yawned. "I mean, it was the first sleep where I think I actually slept the whole night through. I didn't wake up or feel cold and alone. It was really nice. I was at peace. I think it went well. How'd you sleep, by the way, Kagome?" He asks and once again I felt like I had to hide my burning face. Every word that came out of his mouth made me feel so special and important to someone. I was so happy that he was sleeping well now, I didn't want him to ever have to go night upon nights without waking up. I knew exactly how that felt, that empty feeling. I knew what if felt like to feel alone.

"Great. I slept great. No nightmare. No nightmares. No fear. I felt safe for once. I felt welcome. I felt at home." I say, trying to piece together my thoughts in a way to explain to Inuyasha. I leaned more deeply into his side. I adored this man with every ounce of well being in my body. I loved him so deeply. He was so important to me and I knew he was the reason that I felt so at home all the time. He was my comfort. He was the person I looked for when I needed comfort. He made me feel at ease. I don't know what it was about him that made me feel better, maybe it was the fact that I loved him so much. Maybe it was the fact that he was the one person that I knew I could count on and trust.