~ Prologue ~

(Y/N's POV)

Falling from the slide that brought us here, I mindlessly sat in the foam pellets that surrounded us, simply glancing around at the new environment that was now in front of me.

“Congratulations, Doll type #12! You have arrived at your designated quality control center, the final step on your journey to becoming the compete doll you were made to be, and once you successfully complete the institute's rigorous final test, you'll pass through this portal and begin the greatest experience a doll can know." A robotic voice informed us as a short video played on a screen in front of everyone, showing the wonders of the big world and the possible child we might get.

A loud buzz rang in the air before suddenly, the foam pellets that we landed in seemed to release us from it's grasp causing me to fall face first on the ground.

“Oof-” I mumbled before being cut off once again by the robotic voice.

“Please enter through the gates, and make your way to the individualization scanners.” It directed us.

Standing, I began to walk forward with everyone else. Through the gates, and towards the scanning machines.

“Welcome to the Institute of Perfection!” A male robotic voice greeted us.

“Here, you will become the best doll you can be!” A female robotic voice said.

“We will help you grow, from pretty, to perfect.” A purely robotic voice said.

“But only after you successfully passed the final challenge we call, the Gauntlet. Can you proceed to the big world?” The male robot voice questioned us.

Walking towards the scanners, I waited in line and watched the person in front of me go first so I know what to do.

They stepped inside the machine and were then scanned with a green light. The walls of the machine then slammed shut, encasing them for just a moment. When they re-opened, it showed that the once bare and simple doll was now fully clothed, and had bright purple hair.

“Your name is Megan, you're a Lawyer!.../ Model” A robotic voice told her.

“Objection, your honor!” She replied, skipping out of machine.

Moving forward into the machine, I stood on the designated footprints and stood still as the green light scanned over me.

When the walls enclosed around me, I felt as if I had just gained a part of me that I had been missing.

“Your name is (Y/N), you are a Perfectionist!.../Model.” The Robotic voice informed me, as the machine opened and revealed my proper form dressed in a neat uniform.

“So it would seem...” I said to myself as I straightened out my skirt, and wiped the invisible dust from my shoulder before walking forward towards the mass of people.

A few steps away and a loud buzzing noise was heard from behind me, signaling that something was wrong.

Turning around, I saw the most disgusting dolls I've ever seen. Loose threads, disproportionate bodies...the sight was so unnerving, I couldn't help but to scrunch my face up in disgust.

‘These feelings may be new to me, but, I know for sure that what I feel towards those sad excuses for dolls is genuine disgust...’ I thought to myself as I cringed away from them.

As much as I'd love to try and work my magic, there's no amount of work I could ever do that'll be able fix them. Even I, a perfectionist, toss the rag on this one.

‘Someone has to help them, but it's not gonna be me...’ I thought to myself as I strut away from the ugly dolls, towards a small group of girls that I saw had beckoned me over.