Chapter 7: Back To 1962

Scott, Bruce and Rhodey were in a small room, and the others, including Natasha, Rocket Raccoon, Steve, Thor and Tony were in another room, preparing for the jump into the Quantum Realm to really, fully test time travel for the first time.

'Time travel suit? Not bad,' Rhodey commented. Scott was standing there, next to Bruce and Rhodey in a red and white suit, which was purposed for time travel through the Quantum Realm. Bruce, now in a Smart Hulk-kind-of-form (sorry, haven't read comics and such on Smart/Professor Hulk) reached forward, towards the suit, with Hank Pym's Ant-Man fluid particles, known as Pym Particles.

'Hey, hey, hey! Easy, easy!' Scott yelled as Bruce attempted to put the Pym Particles into the suit. Bruce backed away.

'I'm being very careful.'

'No, you're being very Hulky,' he retorted.

'I'm being careful,' he argued. Taking the glass bottle, Scott held it up.

'These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more.'

'Scott, calm down,' Rhodey spoke, trying to bring down the nerves.

'Sorry,' he apologised. 'We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs.' Placing it inside his suit, he accidentally pressed a button, shrinking down to Ant-Man size, then pressing the same button to re-size himself. 'One test run.'

A few moments later, the Avengers, minus Clint and I, were in the testing chamber.

'All right, I'm not ready for this,' Scott spoke out loud. There was silence.

'I'm game,' I replied. 'I'll do it.' The whole crew turned to see Clint and I leaning against the door, watching them. Several moments later, I was on the platform of the quantum tunnel, ready to go.

'Where do you want to get sent back to?' Bruce asked. I thought about it for a minute.

'1962. The night before the X-Men and I go to Cuba.'

'Alright. Adelaide, you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it.' I took my position on the platform, from where Scott was standing a few moments earlier. Just then Rhodey spoke up.

'Wa-wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, and, you know...' He gestured with his hands, something akin to 'let's find baby Thanos and strangle him with a rope.' Banner and I both made a face of disgust.

'First of all,' Banner replied, 'that's horrible...'

'It's Thanos,' Rhodey replied, voicing the exact same thing we were all thinking, in spite of our disgust.

'...And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future.'

'Look,' Scott spoke up, 'we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved.'

'Bingo,' Clint chimed in.

'That's not how it works,' Nebula spoke.

'Well, that's what I heard,' Clint shot back. I shook my head in wonder at the banter that went back and forth between them. Just like old times, I thought.

'What? By who? Who told you that?' Banner asked, shocked. Rhodey began to count the movies about time travel on his fingers.

'Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time-'