act five { dreams can be reality, right? }

The sun shining on Azabu-Juuban was blazing warm. It's invisible rays and streaks crossed the sky and lathered all who stood under his power could do nothing except hide under trees or retreat into buildings. Yet, somehow through all this peace, a cold shiver spoke into the air with a hope to reach its years-old enemy. 

"I want you to find her and kill her," A venomous prayer was sent through the air. "The Legendary Silver Crystal...when Serenity sees her love again as someone else, a man who hungers for another woman's heart, she will feel the same torment I went through all those years ago. She will feel everything I went through. It is then, in her anger, rage, and demise that I will truly be happy."

Whether or not the sunny day was touched by the cold whisper, its evil tone, or the power it carried from the cold north could never be seen. All the people of the town enjoyed their day without fear of unimaginable. To them, and to a young lady lounging under a tree, no evil prayer could ruin her day. 

"Oh, today's weather is so nice, I could sleep on the grass."

Miyako let out a satisfied sigh as a warm breeze made the light strands of her hair dance. Blessed with the cutest cat ever lying on her legs, a half-eaten platter of fruit by her side, and a thick book ready to be read, Miyako was prepared for her day of true bliss. Connections, as her text was based on, was a theme she never thought about until recently. As she flipped through the introductory pages and skimmed her fingers over the decorative drawings, Miyako let her mind wander. It was a mix of the last two fainting spells that spiked her interest. There is something out there that she's connected to. I know it sounds weird, the girl smiled to herself, but I felt something tugging at my heart that night. There's something out there, I know it, that's connected to me. 

Presented with a loaded first page, Miyako prepared herself for big words and stumbles into confusion before diving head-first.   

"...connections work by the help of two beings, human or not. If a foundational layer is set between two parties, binding them constantly through a common tether, a hidden-link, some will say love, has already bonded them. It can grow and fall. It can bring together and separate forever..."

Even if Miyako secretly praised her genius coming a close second behind Ami, the extent of knowledge, vocabulary, and everything in-between was beyond her mind's comprehension. Come a difficult theory or study, she either put the book down and let her mind rest or re-read the line over and over again until it made some sense. The cat wriggling in her lap stirred her mind from reading. 

"I know, I know. This is a lot of information to take in after one reading," Miyako toyed with the cat's mint coat, "and the weather is just perfect for a nap. It won't hurt to get some shut eye, will it?" Not waiting for an answer, Miyako collected the cat into her arms, rid of her face of reading glasses, before drifting into a dream-like land, far beyond any theoretical book's bounds.  

s

A scene from a fairytale broke out in a crystal hallway. A princess held the skirt of her gown as she ran down the hall. The clacks of her heels were the only sounds other than her light breathing and sounds of displeasure. Was she looking for somebody? A voice outside of the dream asked, but nothing answered the question that faded to nothing. As if nothing followed her, the princess continued to run without pause.  

"Where is this girl?" The princess asked, whipping her long hair aside after closing yet another empty room. 

The dream positioned the mysterious voice above the princess ducking into different rooms. Although figures, faces, and details were blurry beyond the witness' senses, the voice knew wherever this princess lived, it was opulent upon opulence. The princess' grip tightened on her dress and her gentle face, rare to waver from a dainty smile or small pout, twisted with a dark scowl. After failing to whatever whoever she was looking for, the princess marched her way to a far end of her home to reach a grand door. On both walls to her sides hung grand paintings the dreammaster could see were dreamy. They're beautiful, the dreammaster spoke, unsure if her thoughts even sounded. But the dreammaster's focus was on the princess entering what looked like a bedroom. The woman's eyes widened when she found another woman sitting at a vanity.