꧁ Prologue ꧂

Fawnpoppy?

   Yes, little one?

   Who are all those cats everybody in StarClan talk about?

   They...they were your former clanmates, Robinkit.

   Everyone acts like they're evil!

   Not all cats in the lake are evil, dearest. Most are kindred spirits, dedicated to helping their Clan. The truth is...most cats only remember the evil ones. Those who did well are often forgotten.

   Like Tigerstar? Tigerstar was evil!

   That is very correct, Robinkit. He was a menace to all the Clans, ThunderClan especially.

   We...we were in ThunderClan, right? You, Honeykit, and I?

   Yes. We were. But Tigerstar was long gone when we roamed the lake.

   And then...the fox came...

   Do not dwell on the past. I miss our clanmates as well. But you fought bravely, like a true warrior.

   I can't wait to become an apprentice! I'll slice the Dark Forest cats' throats and claw their ears off!

   Robinkit... Being a warrior is not all about fighting.

   It isn't?

   Not in the slightest. Being a warrior takes much more than that. You must have courage, bravery, compassion, and dedication.

   But I--

   Robinkit, go fetch your sister. I've something to tell you both.

   ...Alright, mother.

   Fawnpoppy? What's going on?

   Hush, little ones. Having entered StarClan so young, you have yet to be told the legends of the Clans. Listen carefully, and I will tell you the tales that every kit should know in order to become true warriors...