playlist

bc why not

Dream On by Aerosmith - I decided to split the book into parts when I was in the middle of the Doctor's POV (aka part 2). I didn't know how I was supposed to do that though, like if I should add in a part or whatever and if I should say anything. I thought songs were cool. Hayden was a very musical and creative girl and I thought that it would work for her. I got Part 2 + 3 really easily, but I couldn't figure out Part 1. I decided to go the stupid route and use Dream On by Aerosmith for its literal meaning. Nightmares, dreams... get it?

The Scientist by Coldplay - I stumbled across this song a couple years ago and fell in love with it instantly. I forgot about it until I was looking at lyric videos when I was writing Darillium and the Scientist. I thought the lyrics had a great foreshadowing technique to them, because of the Doctor going back to the start of their meeting when she died. I was going to leave it there, but decided it would also be great for Part 2.

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri - The whole love for a thousand years thing? I think you guys can figure this out.

Moonlight Sonata: Movement 1 by Beethoven - I got really into piano this summer because I was bummed I couldn't play it Sophomore year (they did this stupid ass thing with math so we had to lose an elective it was stupid). I found this among my despair and it reminded me of the song from The Corpse Bride, a movie I love a lot. Perfect for Hayden to show her musical talent.

Viva la Vida by Coldplay - I HAD TO ADD THIS SONG IN THE BOOK BECAUSE IT'S MY JAM

Tainted Love by Soft Cell - ALSO MY JAM (NinexRose, anyone?) but it also makes me laugh because Soft Cell were kind of a one hit wonder but this song was actually a cover so it's like oh dear...

The Draw by Bastille - ANOTHER ONE OF MY JAMS! I think this reflects the Doctor's thoughts and feelings after Haydie died. The whole "don't listen to your friends" verses are like the bits where he kicked them out after Haydie's pseudo-death. The chorus ("I can feel the draw I can feel it pulling me back") is the sadness that he's feeling that's keep on pulling him to state of depression. The next verse and the second time the "don't listen to your friends" comes up is when he decides to get his act together and stuff. My English teacher would be proud of me for making all these connections.

Penguin by Christina Perri - I based the whole penguin thing off my own experience (in my dream we were playing a guessing game and I guessed penguin and I said it out loud and woke myself up), and then my friend shows me this song, and its too perfect for words. Penguins? Soulmates? PENGUINS? I mean, come on.

Night Changes by One Direction - This kind of fits into chapter 24 because like it was supposed to be all happy and shit but then it changed into well death but like love and shit. I don't know I just love One Direction no judging.

Vale Decem by Murry Gold - I was bored one day and looking up Doctor Who soundtracks and I found this and it was so beautiful and it brought back so many memories that I cried no judging. Read chapter 30 while this song plays and see how you react. It's for science.

The Life and Death of Amy Pond by Murry Gold - more like the life and death of Hayden Ouelette, amirite?

The Long Song by Murry Gold - THIS IS ABOUT ELEVEN AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE sorry felt the need to share that

Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran - when they met everything changed, HEH HEH?

White Winter Hymnal by Fleet Foxes - This has nothing to do with the book but I love this song too much not to include it. The music video might go with the story though, so watch that.

Chances by Athelete - it was in Vincent and the Doctor and it makes me cry and I had that episode in the book so yeah

Out of My League by Fitz & The Tantrums - more than just a dream bc y'know get it? get it?

Doctor Who Theme Song - OOOWEEEOO

Also don't forget to ask questions for the Q&A !!!!!! You can do so right now in the comments