book one: mei ling

Mei ling made her way through the crowded street apologizing profusely to anyone she bumped into. Everyone in the busy streets of the city knew mei ling was blind. She had  been her whole life. No amount of healing or divine power could bring her eyesight. And she quite frankly rather stay blind. its how she adapted so quickly to her surroundings learning to use her hearing as a heightened sense of directory. Making her way to the stall for some fire flakes she bumped into a strong toned stomach.

"I am sorry"

"As you should be peasant. Now bow before the firelord as you look at me!"

Mei ling stopped shuffled her feet some and moved her face slightly to the left to some trees just past the fire lord face. "Um sir, i cant see"

Ozai stood shocked for a moment. "Cant see? Anyone in my nation can see!"

She could feel the flames rise; now usually mei ling was well tempered and stayed calm but what the fire lord had said really irritated her. She threw her hands up and yelled at him. "Oh excuse me! Sorry for having been blind since i was born! Here let me just pop in some new eyes or ask the cosmos if they have any working eyes they can lend me!"

(Before the argument)

"Going to the market. Ozak I'll be back in a hour or two!" Mei ling yelled reaching for her bag pushing the door open she stepped onto the busy streets listening to the voices and sounds of busing city. Making her way around many fire benders and merchants she herself wasnt a bender. She born without bending. And she was happy. 24 years old and she wasnt a bender. But she was the talk of city. The blind snow princess as everyone called her. Born on the winter solstice under a full moon in a blanket of snow. White hair like fresh snow blue eyes like the ocean. Her clothing you would assume shed be watertribe but nope her parents are both fire benders. She is fire nation herself. She is unique.

"Ah! Mei ling! Come enjoy some fire hotcakes!"

"Ah not today. Si lin but thank you!"

(At the palace)

"Azula lets take a walk into the city let the peasants look at us in fear and admiration" ozai smiled at his youngest child. Who is only 10 years old

Azula nodded and stood next to her father. Both silently walking. They both made into the merchant vincity as ozai felt something soft hit his stomach his eyes wandered to a woman a beautiful woman who stood out against all others everyone had a shocked look on their faces ozai assumed it was from him and what he would do to the peasant woman. He smirked.

"I am sorry" he heard her soft delicate voice break out into the silent air surrounding them.

"As you should be now bow before your firelord as you look upon him peasant" he smirked

"Um i cant see?"

He frowned she can see she was lying her eyes where staring right into his. "Anyone in my nation can see!"

(Arugument beings again)

"im sorry! Sir! But the who the hell do you think you are!"

"Mei ling that's our fire lord! Please calm down"

"I dont care if hes lord of the trash. He cant sit here and judge me. When he himself thinks him higher than us. He was once one of us"

"Dont talk to father like that freak!"

Everyone instantly moved away from mei ling she was no bender but her fiery and temper was scarier than ozais

"Freak huh? What you think your special. You get the royal treament? Im going home! Dont follow me!" She turned and stormed off her eyes still narrowed angrily.

"Fire lord sir" one of the merchants spoke up. "Mei ling isnt one to be disrespected she cant bend but she strong willed and is very much fearing. She is sweet and kind. Gentle as well."

"Im going to pay her a visit and live in her home amongst my subjects"

Finally entering her home she fell onto the couch before the door slammed open

"You will allow me to live here for a year"

"You are insufferably annoying!" Mei ling shouted in the direction of the fire lord. Ozak a man in his late fifties have been caring for mei ling his whole life. Ran into the living room. "Mei ling is everything ok?" He stopped and bowed quickly.

"Oh you dont Have to bow to a giant jerk ozak hes nothing special"

"Mei ling fire lord has decided to live with us. Lets show him hospitality"

"Im not. Im going to sleep. Wake me ozai and I'll make sure to dye your hair clothes bright pink!"

Ozai smirked at this. His sun golden eyes rising in amusement. This blind girl was surely going to be a riot to him.

"Im sorry for that lord ozai but mei ling has a temper" ozak stated rather grudgingly looking towards the hallway.

"Shes a watertribe isnt she is?"

"Nope no watertribe blood runs through that girl" ozak put his hands on his lap and narrowed his eyes shortly. As he awaited ozais next question. A question he hated answering. Because he knew that mei ling was still awake and could hear everything he said.

"Then why does she look watertribe" ozai said with more malicious and hatred his eyes beginning to falter into a look of fury.

Ozak slammed his hands down leaning closely to ozai "your own kind tried to kill her as a baby; you see mei ling is 24 years old. Shes an adult now. 24 years to next month would be the winter solstice a day mei ling was born. Two of the fire nation doctors hated her for not being strong the moment she was born. Her parents pleaded with them for anything to spare their little girl. Their only child. That made it through birth despite being so weak and fragile. They threw her into the snow. Her father prayed to the moon spirit to make his baby strong enough to cry. And the baby began crying. Her hair which was already white became bright under the moon. She opened her eyes and began crying once more. Her father rushed out to save his daughter bringing into his embrace and heating her body with as little fire as could. Because both her parents saved her life. They were executed on the spot. The next day. I've been caring for her ever since."

Mei ling sat in the darkened hallway tears running down her cheeks as she listened to the story. A story that made her sad wishing she knew her parents. She wished she could see their faces and if they were pretty or not. She walked into the room with red puffy eyes and a stuffy nose. "Mei ling!" Ozak abruptly stood up rushing to her side.

"Im ok i just want to get some fresh air is all" she pulled on her coat and headed outside to the patio where she stayed listening to the sounds of different animals and people. She smiled.

(Author note: by lehhh authour!
Sorry i havent written in a while and i wanted to make this as easily as i can and im not rushing any romance between ozai and mei ling just yet. And i havent really decided if im going to add any romance. I just want this to kinda be if ozai had a human side for once. Instead of having to follow his fathers steps into world domination. So yeah. This isnt rated M or anything but there will be a little fluff between my characters but nothing romantically interesting between the two. Now i wont have ozai become her friend right away because honestly that would just make my story extremely short in the long run and i wanna try and have this as long as i can and my other ones too. I rush into things to much and i want the first few chapters being mei lings character development and to indulge on her past a bit more. And ozaks too.  So i guess you can say this would be book one in my trilogy of multiple stories yet to come now that i dont have to work so late at night anymore. Finally have a decent day time job. So more time to write stories and catch up on reading other stories for new ideas! So please enioy. The next chapter will come out tomorrow at exactly 7 pm if not 8 by the latest so stay tunned!)