67

***

This city never sleeps at night

I get a little bit bigger, but then, I'll admit

I'm just the same as I was

***

"We did it!" Alex screams out loud. Maya wipes the tears that are streaming down her face roughly.

They have been waiting for this moment since they graduated high school. "I'm so proud of us, Alex." Maya pulls Alex into a tight hug.

"We need to celebrate some more." Alex pulls away and runs towards her purse that was on top of the dining room table.

"What are you doing?" Maya tilts her head.

"Calling everyone back so they can meet us for dinner. This calls for a big celebration. We only earn our degree in psychology and art once." Alex says.

"We still need to get jobs." Maya corrects Alex.

"I don't need your negativity." Alex pouts and walks away dramatically.

"Come back here, you know I can't run in heels." Maya removes her cap and waddles after Alex.

Once Maya has caught up with Alex, she was finishing up the phone call. "We have 5 minutes to get ready and leave." She tells Maya.

"Did you just say 5 minutes? I'm not dressed for the occasion. I'm still wearing my cap and gown."Maya exclaims.

"I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. We paid thousands of dollars. We might as well show off our hard work." Alex raises her eyes and smiles to emphasize her point.

Maya groans before waddling away to collect her things so they can leave the apartment.

***

"I hate being early to things. I feel so awkward whenever the waitress comes by." Maya huffs and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Stop being so dramatic." Alex hits Maya across the head with her graduation cap. "I'm not afraid of beating you up inside of a diner," Maya warns Alex.

"You would never dare." Alex sticks her tongue out towards her best friend to tease her.

"I don't think you'd want to see the outcome of it." She picks on her nails with a nonchalant attitude on purpose.

"Sorry, Zendaya, and I got here late, and we found this man behind the diner. He was digging out the trash. We brought him inside so he can eat. I hope you guys don't mind." Harry points towards Timothée.

Maya quickly gets up from her seat and makes her way towards Timothée. On her way towards him, she sticks her middle finger up towards Harry.

Timothée wraps his arms around Maya's torso and nuzzles his nose into the corner of her neck.

Once Maya removes herself from Timothée's hold, she smiles and waves toward Zendaya.

"You know you guys just saw each other like 2 hours ago." Alex says.

"I don't want to hear you talk, I have to listen to you talk about how much you miss Zendaya every day." Maya raises her eyebrows. Alex and Zendaya have been talking about taking their relationship slow with Maya.