ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

Lunar and Klaus have finished the truth ritual, and are making their way back through the Bayou.

"Do you have any idea what Finn has done with Marcel and his vampires?" Lunar wants to know.

Klaus shrugs. "He's inches away from finding out the truth." He admits to her. "My best guess is he's torturing it out of them."

"But they don't know." Lunar holds on to the hope that Marcel had his memories compelled away, just like Hayley.

Klaus nods. "Yes, but Marcel is smart. If Finn gets even an inkling to what our secret is and plants the seeds, Marcel might just put two and two together."

Lunar frowns, growing concerned now. "What exactly are we supposed to do?" She asks, drawing a blank.

He looks at her. "I think we need to see what your merry band of wolves knows."

"Our." Lunar corrects him. "Our merry band of wolves."

Klaus shrugs and chuckles. "You're their Queen." He tells her, a little mockingly.

"Nik, you're gonna have to start trusting them." Lunar tells him with a small smile. "Or at least trusting me."

They stop walking for a moment. Klaus stares into her eyes for a while, his brow furrowed. "I do trust you, more than you know." He tells her, a little hurt she would think he didn't. 

Lunar smiles, glancing through the trees. "We're back." She stands on her tip-toes and plants a quick kiss on Klaus' lips. "You ready for some interrogation with a pinch of torture?"

A devilish grin spreads across his face. "Always." Klaus tells her, taking her hand in his own. The pair make their way through the trees towards the werewolf encampments.

Everyone is busy, doing something or another. Some of the wolves are sat around a bonfire, whilst others are sparring. Lunar smiles, it reminds her of her childhood.

Hayley is sat on a rocking chair in the porch of Lunar's old home, coffee cup in hand, whilst she speaks to Grandma June. The pair are laughing and look happy, which makes Lunar happy.

Lifting two fingers to her mouth, Lunar whistles to draw the pack's attention. "You'll all be pleased to know the rituals went to plan, the wedding is still on."

Some of the wolves smile, but most still look incredibly unsure about the hybrid union. Lunar ignores their unease and scans the crowd of faces, trying to find Aiden.

She frowns. "Where the hell is Aiden?" She snaps, realising he's not there.

A few of the wolves shift uncomfortably, but no one answers, until Jackson steps forwards. "He went to find Josh." He tells her.

Lunar narrows her eyes. "And you didn't think to tell me?" She feels Klaus place a hand against the small of her back, and her rage instantly decreases.

"You're his alpha, not his keeper." Jackson retorts. Klaus looks at him, fighting the monumental urge to rip out the werewolf's throat. He seems increasingly annoying, especially now he knows Jack's grandfather was to blame for Lunar killing her parents.