CHAPTER 15

It was almost three in the morning when Siwon left.

After the hug Yoona and Siwon shared, the latter felt a lot calmer. It was a long embrace, as they poured all of their emotions out. Siwon’s depression turned into smiles again, thanks to Yoona. She had helped him get through today, helped him get through the agony. His heart was swelled with that unknown feeling again. It was like feeling alive.

He didn’t want to leave, as her company made him a lot better. But he had to go, he had bothered her enough, she needs to go back to sleep.

Yoona was rather hesitant to let him go. Even though he looked fine and calm, she was still a bit worried.

“Will you really be okay?” she asked

“Yes. I will. You need to go back to sleep. I have bothered you enough.” He smiled. He noticed a loose strand of her hair; he reached for it and tucked it behind her ear.

The gesture startled Yoona a bit. She looked at him. “Well, if that’s what you want...”

Siwon went to his car and opened the door. But before he let himself in, he looked at Yoona. “Get back to your room now Yoona-shii, I’ll be fine. I promise you tomorrow I will be the annoying Siwon you loathe so much.”

She chuckled. “I’m sure you will irritate me to no end tomorrow. “She started to walk back. When she was a few steps away from the door, Siwon called her.

“Thank you...Yoona-shii...”

Unable to respond, she smiled at him and waved. He smiled back. She then went inside her house and up to her room. She glanced at the window. Siwon went inside his car and drove away.

Yoona lay in her bed, still unable to get back to sleep. She kept on thinking and rethinking everything that Siwon had told her. The conversation she had with Tiffany at the gym crossed her mind.

“.....Siwon is perhaps the nicest guy I’ve come to know, and the most protective. He always tries to see the good in people, even after....that incident...”

The incident that had somehow shaped the guy’s life. She finally knows now the real meaning of Tiffany’s words.

A question bothered her though. How can Siwon be so kind, so gentle and so cheerful after he had experienced people’s cruelty at such a young age? How can he actually smile?

She yawned. When she drifted off to sleep, a final thought entered her mind. That’s just how he is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoona was walking along the packed hallway, still sleepy. Good thing she still arrived early. The hallway was crowded with students since first period had not yet started. She yawned and turned around a corner.

“BOOM!”

“YAHH!” Yoona was so surprised she dropped her bag. She held her heart steady and looked at the intruder. It was Siwon, smiling mischievously.

Yoona was so angry she retrieved her bag from the floor and hit him with it “WHAT THE DEVIL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” she hit him with it for a few times, hard, but Siwon was blocking every piece of the blow with his expert arms. He was laughing really hard.

“Hey Yoona-shii! You’re harassing an innocent child!”

Yoona stopped from hitting him and stared at him sharply. “Child? You are not a child but a DEVIL!” she hit him again and stormed away.

Siwon quickly followed her. “ Yoona-shii, let’s grab lunch later okay?”

Without looking at him, she responded. “NO”