09. apologies

FUCKING HELL

FUCKING HELL. I can't believe he did that.

Tears brimming my burning eyes, I finally rip my gaze away from Dally as the cop un-cuffs me.

I follow the cop through the hall into the lobby, where I'm told I can exit the building, or wait for Dally in the waiting room.

Feeling betrayed, and quite pissed, I might add, I storm out the front doors, not currently giving a shit that Dally was only trying to help save me from life in prison, or whatever.

This isn't about me. This is about Johnny. My brother. My little brother, the one person in this world that I have to protect more than myself. And Dally couldn't even let me do that.

As soon as I step into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the station, the tears brimming my eyes begin to flow.

I start speed walking down the street, towards the lot.

"Gloria!"

Dally calls after me, but instead of turning around to watch him exit the police station, I pick up my pace.

"Glory, come on," Dally says. I can hear his voice breaking. "Hold up!" I hear his footsteps behind me running down the sidewalk – my cue to break into a full-on sprint.

I sprint down the block, and across the street, running into the park that's halfway to the lot, before Dallas catches up to me, nearly tackling me in his attempt to wrap me in a hug. As soon as his arms envelope me, I start choking back sobs, all while trying to push myself out of his grasp.

"Don't touch me!"

"Glory–"

"–How could you?"

"Gloria, listen–"

"No, Dallas, you listen." I try to fall to the ground, but Dally won't let me, despite my struggling against him. "I fucking told you not to tell them. I don't care about me. I care about Johnny. And if keeping him safe means I go to jail, I don't give a fucking shit, okay?"

"Gloria–"

"–No, shut up. Just let me go."

"Gloria," he says, sternly. "I didn't tell them where Johnny and Pony are at."

Curious, I stop fighting against him so I can hear him clearly.

"What?"

Dally looks around the park.

"They're not in Texas," he says. "They're in Windrixville."

"Where the hell is that?" I whisper, my voice hoarse from crying.

"..Well, they should be in Windrixville," he mutters. "It's a few towns over, a real.. country..like.. place."

"...Oh."