Dead End

Hello everyone reading this AU! (This isn't part of the story btw hehe) I want to thank everybody that's been reading my AU! Your comments are very encouraging and I wanted to thank you! Considering this is my first story I've really put my heart into I really appreciate every body's patience with me and this story. I am open for any tips you have about writing and let me know if the chapters are too long or too short! Anyways enough of me enjoy this chapter!

I stumbled out of the barn and dashed to the temple. I didn't have time to think at all. What was I supposed to think of? I had no plan or any idea of what I was getting myself into! Soon enough I saw the temple  in the distance and I wondered how I was going to get past the gems. What I did know was I wasn't going to last much longer without food. I slipped into the big doughnut and ordered some doughnuts. Sadie looked at me worried and asked me, "Steven are you alright? Your drenched in sweat and- and your GLOWING!" By the time she finished I had already left I didn't have time for people to worry about me. I've had enough of that. I peeked into the temple windows and saw the gems head into their rooms. "Perfect" I snuck into the kitchen packed materials and ran upstairs. "Good your right where I want you." Lion. Lion could get me anywhere I needed to be. "Lion I know you know where home world is. Take me. Lion looked at me lazily and sat. "Lion! I don't have time for this now GO!" I sat on his back and he sunk further into the ground. Really? At a time like this he doesn't want to go? I offered some chaps and even then he didn't budge. I'd never done it before but I had no choice at this point. I took me foot and jabbed it into the side of lions stomach. The look of betrayal was unbearable but at last I had arrived in homeworld. Lion gave me a sad gaze as I left him. He would go back home and be fine. So... what now? I didn't have a plan for how to get to White. All I knew was I stood out. Suddenly a gem grabbed my hand and dragged me through the crowd of other gems. I panicked for a second but my mind went blank. I had no idea where I was and no idea who was taking me or where they were taking me. I figured it couldn't get worse. Suddenly we were in a building of some sort. I saw the gems face as she turned to me. She had a green pastel skin tone with blue pigtails that looked like dumplings. She wore a light blue turtle neck dress with a dark blue diamond on it with long draping sleeves and a cone shaped center (like a poodle skirt). Her face had multiple marks of many colors scattered across it and her eyes were very bright green. Unfortunately she didn't look too happy to see me. She looked me up and down and shouted. " Where is your uniform?" She looked at me like I knew how to respond. "Uhhh I.." Before I could try to finish she mumbled, "First the Amethysts help those criminals escape from the zoo and now they aren't even in uniform! They act like they own the place! She then dragged me into a room and looked down at one of those touch screens Peridot had. She then grabbed at my shirt and began to take it off. My face turned red, that wasn't my powers. I backed up and asked, "woah woah woah, what are you doing.?" She sighed and said, "Getting you into your armor. Since you Amethysts keep on losing your armor we spend tons of energy on making new ones. I'll leave you to removing your... garments. Where did you get those anyways?" All of a sudden I couldn't think. "Umm I uhhh Earth?" She started at me for a moment then told me to hurry up and undress. She left and waited out side as I removed my clothing. As soon as all of it was off  two machine arms came around me with hot armor in their clutch. They moved closer to me I would be burned! I tried to run out of the room but that gem shoved me back in the arms got closer and closer until they reached my skin. It was unspeakably hot. I tried to crouch but more arms came in to put me into the correct position and CLAMP. The armor had covered my arms, legs, and my torso. Tears welled up in my eyes. This was it. I was going to die right here. I could feel the molten rock mold to my skin as they poured cooled the room the rock set and my entire body went numb. Blood leaked out of the creases in the armor. I wiped it up to not create confusion. The skin around the molten rock was stinging. I had never felt more pain in my life. Tears rolled down my cheek and I collapsed to the ground. The gem walked into the room and formed a bubble around us and took us to a small room like an apartment but much smaller. Suddenly my pain practically disappeared. But I couldn't feel anything I was completely numb. She let down the bubble and said, "rest in your quarters today to fix yourself up, you look terrible. You must be a new Amethyst. They seem to be more and more off color nowadays! Here take this. I'll be here tomorrow to take you to your next assignment." She handed me a container of purple glaze that was very sticky and she left mumbling about her next assignment. I looked at the pictures to see what on Earth I was supposed to do with it. "They want me to paint myself?" I scooped out a handful of the sticky substance and rubbed it over my skin. It felt terrible and made me more uncomfortable than I already was. I realized my pink gem might become a problem and rubbed the glaze over it. I put it in my hair and anything else that wasn't covered by the heavy armor. What am I doing? How is this supposed to help me get to White? How is a little quarts soldier supposed to get the attention of White Diamond herself? I'm just stuck again. I should had a plan I've caught myself at another dead end.