Sad or Mad

Thrashing. Screaming. Never finding peace. Running down a corridor in an old house. Something chasing, something evil. Darkness. So much fear. Light at the end. So close yet too far. Almost caught. Chased. Caught. Death comes and is welcomed. I wake up sweating in my bed. Helga runs in, trying to calm me down. "Rowena, you were screaming. What was it that made you scream?" Helga asked sweetly. "My dream, Helga, my dream. I was being chased down a dark corridor and right when I saw light, the beast caught me. I was blinded by darkness and could only feel it breathing down my neck. And that's when I awoke." My dream reminded me of something that had happened many years ago, when I was just a child. I was about eight when, one night, my father came home drunk. He grew agitated, for my brother and I were lying on the ground while our mother worked. My mother tried to calm him down, but he just pushed her away. I got up and tried to apologize to him, but this just infuriated him more. He then started to chase me in his drunken rage. I ran down the corridor, towards the door, when he caught up to me. He beat me until my brother, Sirus, got in between my father and I. My father then went outside to get some fresh air, but he never came back in until I was in bed. He told my mother he was leaving her and left her weeping on the floor. In the morning, she yelled at me, saying it was all my fault my father had left. I ran outside and hid in the forest until my brother found me and brought me to our friends, the Hufflepuffs. I continued to stay with the Hufflepuffs for my mother had disowned me. I am now 15, nearing 16. Sirus stayed with my mother until he was of age. He then married a lovely girl named Lila Clearlake. Today was the day. The day I had left that house all those years ago. Helga and I had decided that we would go to the meadow to watch the clouds and look at the flowers. The meadow is the prettiest when the snow has just finished melting and the flowers have started to bloom. Helga and I arrived at the meadow to discover these two boys running around the lake. We watched them until they noticed our staring. They came over and introduced themselves as Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin. "I am Rowena Ravenclaw and this is Helga Hufflepuff." The boys gawked at us for some unknown reason. "May I ask why you are staring?" I asked ever so politely. "We are just curious if you, Rowena, are the girl who was beaten by her drunk father at her home in the forest." Godric said shyly. "I will have you know that her life is none of your business and that you should be more polite to people you have just met." Helga said. She was on the verge of yelling at this very handsome, but rude, boy. "It's ok, Helga. I am, in fact, the girl that was beaten by her drunken father. That is why I went to live with Helga." I politely explained. "May I ask one question to you, Rowena?" "What is it, Salazar?" I curiously asked. "Will you be my friend?" Salazar asked shyly. This question made me laugh so hard that Helga and Godric looked at me like I was crazy while Salazar hung his head in shame. "Of course I will be your friend, Salazar." I said after laughing. We all then became best friends and hung out all the time.

One year later

Helga, Godric, Salazar, and I were walking towards the meadow when Godric asked a question that left us all in shock. "So, we've all been friends for a year now and I think it's time I told you all something that I have kept inside myself. Rowena, from the first time I met you, I have been in love with you. I have been waiting for the best moment to ask you. Will you and I mean you only, have a dinner with me?" Godric then stared at me, waiting for an answer. I looked at Helga and Salazar, but they were in as much of a shock as I was. "Godric, I like you, but only as a friend. I'm sorry." After this comment he got up and said something even more shocking then the first thing. "Don't worry, Rowena, I was only joking." I sighed with relief and then hit him in the arm. "How dare you! How dare you jokingly declare your nonexistent love for me!!" I yelled. Godric stumbled back at this comment before saying, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I didn't think you would get this mad." I then began to laugh. "I'm only joking." I said in between laughs. We all then ran to the meadow and watched the clouds. "I was wondering if I could have everyone's attention?" We all stared at Helga. "We have been friends for a long time and I think I also have a confession to make. I'm a wizard. I've known for years now and I just wanted you all to know." We all sat in silence for a moment before Godric, Salazar, and I gave Helga a huge hug because we were all wizards.

Five Years Later

We had started a school in London with a man named Arthur Hogwarts. We decided to name the school Hogwarts. Wizards of the ages 10 or 11, were sent a letter to attend Hogwarts. Ghosts (and poltergeists) are allowed in Hogwarts. The students liked the company of the ghosts, but sometimes freaked out when the ghosts walked through them. Classes are not too hard, depending on how well the students pay attention. The school still stands, even after the death of the founders. We did live a nice life though. Helga and Godric had a daughter and Salazar found a nice place to hide away from everyone but me. I, however, found a cozy home and spent the rest of my days being happy with my friends and family.