Blood Bond: Chapter 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so I just randomly started writing this story, so please excuse me for the grammer mistakes and stuff. ALSO, I don't know if this story is good enough to be continued, so only when I atleast get one or two people to comment and tell me that they want me to continue, I will continue. Or you can just become a fan or something. idk, try to let me know somehow that you want me to continue, IF you want me to continue!! hope you guys enjoy! :)

I WOULD ALSO APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK AND CRITICISM, THANK YOU! :)

Chapter 1

“Well, well, well. We meet again.” Gisele slipped out of the shadows, a small smile on her lips. “You never get tired of this, do you?”

  Eleanor didn’t reply. She had asked Gisele to secretly meet her tonight, and she was just glad she was here, despite her obvious hatred for her.

  She didn’t want to waste her energy arguing with Gisele aloud; she wanted to gather whatever of it she had and use it to defend herself in case she was attacked by one of Gisele’s little pets. Yes, by 'pet' she meant animals. Gisele had the ability to communicate with all sorts of animals, which she used as an advantage by forcing animals to abide to her cruel bidding, e.g. kill off Eleaner, maybe?

  So she’d talk to Gisele through her mind.

  You don’t understand, Gisele. This is serious. You know I wouldn’t come to you if I knew that I wouldn’t need you.

  Keep the little speech for someone who wants to hear it! Gisele spat back with such venom in her tone; that for a moment Eleanor almost gave up hope.

  But then she remembered Trevor. Trevor, her best friend and companion. The boy with the messy golden hair and clear blue eyes. The boy with the contagiously cute smile. He was tall, tall and muscled. And he was usually so strong; Eleanor sometimes wondered if he was really only a human. But, oh, of course he was.

  What else could explain the fact that he was in terrible, terrible condition right now? Trevor was in danger. In danger of losing his life. He was so very weak and injured – after being hit by a tremendously large pickup truck, a truck that was causing him to slowly, painfully die. At the moment he was being kept at Sudbury E.P. Hospital, carefully monitored day and night by doctors and nurses, in hopes that they could somehow save him. But you didn’t need to be a vampire to sense that Trevor’s life line was very weak, and that he could die any time now.

  Eleanor’s vision started to blur. Oh, no – please…I can’t cry in front of her! She thought miserably, willing herself to somehow force her eyes into keeping her tears concealed.

  Gisele, please…I need your help.

  This time, Gisele spoke aloud. “I see.” She paused, then added, “But what makes you think I’ll help you?”

  You don’t understand – its Trevor…he’s dying, Gisele. He needs help. Please…you can help him, even though I can’t…I swear –

  “I already know what’s wrong with Trevor.” Gisele replied calmly. “You don’t need to tell me.”

  For a second, Eleanor was surprised. How did Gisele know what had happened to Trevor? Then, with a start, she remembered. Of course. Gisele had read her mind. All right…but you’ll help him, right? Please, Gisele – he’s dying. And so slowly and painfully…I can’t take it…

  Gisele laughed, her twinkling blue eyes wide with mocking innocence. Slowly, with unbelievable calmness, she looked around her. They were standing in a clearing in the woods, the clearing bordered by thick trees. There was absolutely nothing else to see.

  After a moment, Gisele turned her eyes back to her sister’s face. Her eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight. “I can’t help him, Eleanor. No one can help him now. He’s going to die.”

 ***

Six months later

Eleanor was sitting on a hard bench when he appeared. At first, he was just a glow of light, but as he came closer, Eleanor could make out his well defined features.

  “Trevor.” Eleanor whispered, not realizing that she was shaking as she spoke.

  He was right in front of her now, a small smile playing on his lips. “Eleanor. You’re here.”

  Startled, Eleanor looked around her. What exactly did he mean by here? Where exactly was she?

  In one glance, she figured it out. She was in a park. Around her, she could see a playground to one side, and a fountain bordered by very small trees to the other side. It seemed like a typical sunny day, the type of day you'd probably have a picnic in the park. If you were a human, that is.

  Slowly, she looked back at him. How can this be? She thought suddenly. Trevor is dead…how is he here now?

  As if sensing her thoughts, Trevor smiled widely. “You’re right, Eleanor. I am dead. But now…” he leaned forward, his eyes bright. “…so are you.”

  And right on cue, he began to transform. His usual blond hair was quickly replaced with wild, spiky orange hair. In a second, he nose was twice as larger, and somehow his eyes disappeared.

  Her mouth wide open in horror, Eleanor sat frozen, unable to move. As she stared at him, his body slowly shrunk. After a moment, all that was left of him was a very twisted face and a small, crooked body.

  “No!” Eleanor screamed, and immediately shot up in bed, her sweaty hair clinging to her neck and back.

  As soon as she realized that she was in her room, safely tucked in her bed, she relaxed.

  It was only a dream. No, more like a nightmare.

  Eleanor took a deep breath, her mind already thinking ahead. What was wrong with her? Why was she keep on dreaming the same thing over and over again for the past six months now? Did the dream mean anything? Was Trevor possibly trying to reach her? But if he was, why did the dream turn so ugly near the end? Trevor wouldn’t possibly try to hurt her, – even if it was only through a dream – would he?

  “I’m going crazy…” Eleanor moaned. Despite her powers, she was so clueless. And so very confused.

  There was a sudden noise to the right; and way too quick for a human, Eleanor rose, turned, and stood in a defensive position on her bed. She glared at the window, which was where the noise had come from. “Who’s there?”

  There was a short silence, and then a voice lazily spoke. “Really, Eleanor, I pity you. The vermin isn’t leaving you alone even in your dreams, is he?”