Chapter 1: CyberArts (Editing)

Author’s Note: This chapter has been edited about 5 times. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thank you to the critique from SaydenOdor!

------------------

“Are you done yet?” My friend asked impatiently on my bed.

“Hold on! And it’s a freaking chapter for the fifth time, not the whole story!” I sighed, quickly typing up the last sentences of my story.

“Yeah yeah” Ava raised her hand to wave it in dismissal before flopping it back on the bed.

I had Ava over to help me with my homework today. She’s always the smart one and she gives good advice too. Depends if I feel like following them or not. She can make mistakes you know? She’s only grade 8 like me but then again, she studies more and doesn’t play so much computer 24/7.

I’m not as smart as her but my grades are good enough in my report card anyways. Though my mother and father sometimes expect too much from me but I deal with it, they just hope I have a good future.

“Are you done now?” Ava made me write down exactly what she just said onto my laptop. I stifled a groan as I deleted the sentence and added a period instead.

“You can’t be quiet for a minute can you?” I put my arm on the back of my chair, turning to look at my friend.

We’re in my room right now and it’s not really big. I just have a huge bed that covers almost the half of the room and a desk on the right of the bed. There was a window just above my bed but I usually keep the blinds shut. There’s a bookshelf and closet on the other side of the room and that’s pretty much about it. Oh yeah and it’s slightly messy… okay, maybe just a little more than slightly messy.

“Ah forget it” I sighed, standing up, “I’m done the ‘story’ anyways” I sat down on my bed as Ava sat down in the chair I was in before. She likes reading my stories, I don’t know why but she probably doesn’t have anything else to do now, taken that we finished our homework too fast.

I practically stared at her as she read my chapter for the first few seconds before I started to feel awkward so I pulled out my iPod after so I wouldn’t be staring at her. I played a few levels on Angry Birds, the volume down so Ava could read, and waited.

My story is about 3 pages long according to Wattpad and Ava was a fast reader so it didn’t really surprise me when she finished reading in about 5 minutes. I looked up when she leaned back in the chair, thinking about what to say. “So? What do you think?” I asked, slightly anxious that Ava wouldn’t like it.

“It’s good” Ava gave a shrug, turning to me, “I like to plot and the title too. You got a few typos but that’s pretty much about it”

“Oh and who exactly was impatiently yelling at me to write faster?” I raised an eyebrow, looking at Ava expectantly.

“I wasn’t yelling” Ava pouted a little, glaring at me as I glared back, “I was encouraging you!”

“Suuure, breathing on my neck is very encouraging” I rolled my eyes. Earlier, Ava was just too close for comfort when she was watching me type up the chapter, I couldn’t think straight so I told her to sit on the bed. It went along a lot faster after that.

I leaned in to look at the story on my laptop, putting my iPod on the side, “so what would you rate the chapter out of 10?”

Ava made a ‘so-so’ gesture with her hand, “probably around 8 or 7 I guess”

“Yes! I do not fail in writing!” I stood up all of the sudden, doing a fist pump in the air. Ava looked at me and I just smiled at her, “what?”